Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Passing Maximo where clause
Passing Maximo where clause [message #1754913] Thu, 23 February 2017 21:49 Go to next message
Norm Merrill is currently offline Norm MerrillFriend
I am having problems passing a simple where clause from Maximo to my BIRT report.

I have a parameter called where with default value of 1=1,
my open script includes the following: where " + params["where"].

I have tried hard coding the value into the open script and the report functions as designed. I have also set up a manual parameter where the user enters the value and that also works as designed.

The report seems to work I just cannot get Maximo to pass the where clause. I have looked at an out of box report as well as a custom report that both use the same where " + params["where"] and they work fine. I cannot think of any other reason that this will not work.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Re: Passing Maximo where clause [message #1790121 is a reply to message #1754913] Tue, 05 June 2018 13:35 Go to previous message
Norma Ramey is currently offline Norma RameyFriend
Did you resolve this understanding the params["where"]? If you are using Maximo BIRT, then the "where" will pass parameters that are contained in the Report Object Structure. Looking at an out of box report, WO Details for example, there is a standard set of report parameters for all out of box reports. The parameter 'appname' communicates to the BIRT report what maxrelationship is being used for the report. 'appname' = WOTRACK maxrelationship= WORKORDER. The current record workorderid, siteid, are automatically passed to the query in the 'where' parameter.
If you want to see what is passed in the 'where' you can setup a Global var in the initialize() then in the main dataset query set gblVar= sqlText then add this to a data element in the header of the report. Import and execute. The sqlText will contain the scripted query for the report with the added 'where' . Do this with several different OOB reports to learn what Maximo is passing to different kinds of reports.
Previous Topic:data set with field date ?
Next Topic:All numbers in Table format
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:40:23 GMT 2024