Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Sirius Epsilon integration
Sirius Epsilon integration [message #1754690] Tue, 21 February 2017 15:26 Go to next message
Michaël Melchiore is currently offline Michaël MelchioreFriend
Hello folks,

This a cross-post from the Eclipse Epsilon forum.

I am writing a simple code generation tool based on the EMF ecosystem.

I have chosen Sirius to develop the diagram editor but would like to use Epsilon for M2M and model validation activities.

I have written sample validation rules and successfully tested them in EMF tree-based editor (validation, quickfixes, ...). In the Sirius-based editor, the rules are correctly invoked but the following features don't work :

• the offending items are not flagged in the diagram view
  • the quick fix suggestions are not taken into account

I have declared an org.eclipse.ui.ide.markerResolution extension with the org.eclipse.sirius.diagram.ui.diagnostic markerType but I think I am missing something.

I have attached a small example to demonstrate the issue. I am using :

• Eclipse Mars.2 Release (4.5.2)
  • Sirius 3.1.3
  • Epsilon 1.4.0.2

I used nested Eclipse to set up my tests : first workspace is the content of the eclipse folder, and the runtime folder holds the content of the nested workspace. To reproduce the problem, compare model validation from the tree-based editor and Sirius editor.

In the tree-based editor, everything works fine (validation, Problem display, quick fixes). In the Sirius diagram, the model validation is successfully triggered , but errors are not flagged in the diagram. Quick fix suggestions are also ignored.

Thanks for your help,

Michaël
Re: Sirius Epsilon integration [message #1754695 is a reply to message #1754690] Tue, 21 February 2017 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maxime Porhel is currently offline Maxime PorhelFriend
Hi Michaël,

Did you launch the validation from the diagram using the "Validate diagram" contextual menu ?
I think not, so the markers are linked to your model resource, and currently Sirius looks for validation markers targeting the aird files (the validate diagram action will looks for markers concerning the aird files and then the uri of the flagged semantic elements.

Retrieving and displaying the validation markers targeting the semantic model might be an interesting feature. I think you might report a enhancement request in the bugzilla.

Regards,

Maxime
Re: Sirius Epsilon integration [message #1754700 is a reply to message #1754695] Tue, 21 February 2017 16:17 Go to previous message
Michaël Melchiore is currently offline Michaël MelchioreFriend
Hi Maxime,

Yes, I launched the validation from the diagram using the "Validate diagram" contextual menu.

Regards,

Michaël
Previous Topic:Sirius vs Graphiti
Next Topic:Create Node from another model in diagram editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:47:58 GMT 2024