Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Subversive unable to connect to project error immediately after successful commit(Eclipse PHP Neon.2 with Subversive 4.0.2 using Native JavaHL 1.8.15)
Subversive unable to connect to project error immediately after successful commit [message #1754270] Wed, 15 February 2017 23:14 Go to next message
Daniel Wilson is currently offline Daniel WilsonFriend
I'm testing Neon and the new Subversive version's interaction with existing workspace projects prior to migrating my team's IDE installations, and have run into an increasingly curious issue that did not take place on the old Mars.1 with Subversive 3.0.2 using Native JavaHL 1.8.1 install.

After committing a somewhat extensive set of changes (lots of edits, several file deletions) with a nice, long, descriptive log comment, I was greeted with this frightful looking thing:
index.php/fa/28483/0/

However, upon checking with Tortoise, I found my changes had gone in just fine, though I could no longer get the project to interact with the repo in Eclipse. This being a project made with a previous version, and no code changes outstanding, I just torched the whole project on disk and checked out my new revision.

Then today, I made a similar commit (lots of edits, a file name change) in the same, now version-matching project, and had the issue recur. Perplexed, I checked the log and found all this:

Quote:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.team.svn.core.svnnature 4 0 2017-02-15 12:19:15.495
!MESSAGE SVN: '0x00000111: Get Resource List' operation finished with error
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.team.svn.core.svnnature 4 0 2017-02-15 12:19:15.495
!MESSAGE Get all resources operation failed.
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.team.svn.core.operation.HiddenException: 0x00000000: Unable connect to 'dccert' project.
Please check that SVN meta-information exists and its format is supported by the current SVN plug-in version.
If so, it is possible that project working copy is relocated outside plug-in control.
At the current moment project will be automatically disconnected from source control.
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.SVNTeamProvider.breakThreadExecution(SVNTeamProvider.java:236)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.SVNTeamProvider.connectToProject(SVNTeamProvider.java:188)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.SVNTeamProvider.getRepositoryResource(SVNTeamProvider.java:85)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.svnstorage.SVNRemoteStorage.loadLocalResourcesSubTreeSVNImpl(SVNRemoteStorage.java:809)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.svnstorage.SVNRemoteStorage.loadLocalResourcesSubTree(SVNRemoteStorage.java:686)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.svnstorage.SVNRemoteStorage.getRegisteredChildren(SVNRemoteStorage.java:383)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.operation.local.GetAllResourcesOperation.runImpl(GetAllResourcesOperation.java:37)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.operation.AbstractActionOperation.run(AbstractActionOperation.java:82)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.operation.LoggedOperation.run(LoggedOperation.java:40)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.utility.ProgressMonitorUtility.doTask(ProgressMonitorUtility.java:104)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.utility.ProgressMonitorUtility.doTaskExternal(ProgressMonitorUtility.java:90)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.utility.ProgressMonitorUtility.doTaskExternal(ProgressMonitorUtility.java:81)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.synchronize.PersistentRemoteStatusCache.allMembers(PersistentRemoteStatusCache.java:69)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.synchronize.AbstractSVNSubscriber.resourcesStateChangedImpl(AbstractSVNSubscriber.java:288)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.synchronize.AbstractSVNSubscriber.resourcesStateChanged(AbstractSVNSubscriber.java:257)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.svnstorage.SVNRemoteStorage$6.process(SVNRemoteStorage.java:1381)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.utility.AsynchronousActiveQueue$1.runImpl(AsynchronousActiveQueue.java:46)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.operation.AbstractActionOperation.run(AbstractActionOperation.java:82)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.operation.LoggedOperation.run(LoggedOperation.java:40)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.utility.ProgressMonitorUtility.doTask(ProgressMonitorUtility.java:104)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.utility.ProgressMonitorUtility.doTaskExternal(ProgressMonitorUtility.java:90)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.utility.ProgressMonitorUtility$1$1.run(ProgressMonitorUtility.java:60)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2240)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2267)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.utility.ProgressMonitorUtility$1.run(ProgressMonitorUtility.java:58)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.team.svn.core.svnnature 4 0 2017-02-15 12:19:15.511
!MESSAGE SVN: '0x00000023: Update SVN Cache' operation finished with error
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.team.svn.core.svnnature 4 0 2017-02-15 12:19:15.511
!MESSAGE SVN: '0x00000023: Update SVN Cache' operation finished with error: 0x00000000: Unable connect to 'dccert' project.
Please check that SVN meta-information exists and its format is supported by the current SVN plug-in version.
If so, it is possible that project working copy is relocated outside plug-in control.
At the current moment project will be automatically disconnected from source control.
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.team.svn.core.operation.HiddenException: 0x00000000: Unable connect to 'dccert' project.
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.SVNTeamProvider.breakThreadExecution(SVNTeamProvider.java:236)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.SVNTeamProvider.connectToProject(SVNTeamProvider.java:188)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.SVNTeamProvider.getRepositoryResource(SVNTeamProvider.java:85)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.svnstorage.SVNRemoteStorage.loadLocalResourcesSubTreeSVNImpl(SVNRemoteStorage.java:809)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.svnstorage.SVNRemoteStorage.loadLocalResourcesSubTree(SVNRemoteStorage.java:686)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.svnstorage.SVNRemoteStorage.asLocalResourceImpl(SVNRemoteStorage.java:455)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.svnstorage.SVNRemoteStorage.loadLocalResourcesSubTree(SVNRemoteStorage.java:683)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.svnstorage.SVNRemoteStorage.asLocalResourceImpl(SVNRemoteStorage.java:455)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.svnstorage.SVNRemoteStorage.loadLocalResourcesSubTree(SVNRemoteStorage.java:683)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.svnstorage.SVNRemoteStorage.asLocalResource(SVNRemoteStorage.java:443)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.svnstorage.SVNLocalFolder.getChildren(SVNLocalFolder.java:45)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.svnstorage.SVNRemoteStorage$5.process(SVNRemoteStorage.java:1369)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.utility.AsynchronousActiveQueue$1.runImpl(AsynchronousActiveQueue.java:46)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.utility.ProgressMonitorUtility$1$1.run(ProgressMonitorUtility.java:60)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2240)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2267)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.utility.ProgressMonitorUtility$1.run(ProgressMonitorUtility.java:58)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Followed by several cascading errors brought on by the disconnect.

It turns out I can make the project re-connect via team=>share project, but if I can't find a way to prevent the issue from happening to other programmers, we're likely to stick with Mars until Oxygen or at least Neon.3.

Any ideas what might be causing these shenanigans?
Re: Subversive unable to connect to project error immediately after successful commit [message #1754370 is a reply to message #1754270] Thu, 16 February 2017 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tyrel Tachibana is currently offline Tyrel TachibanaFriend
Is this only on large commits? and have you tried breaking it into smaller commits? While not ideal you might be able to check if the issue is the amount of data being stored in virtual memory while transferring.
Re: Subversive unable to connect to project error immediately after successful commit [message #1754453 is a reply to message #1754370] Fri, 17 February 2017 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope, the most recent manifestation featured six files edited, one of which included a filename change.
Re: Subversive unable to connect to project error immediately after successful commit [message #1754918 is a reply to message #1754270] Fri, 24 February 2017 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Update to this tomfoolery: a possible culprit was identified in the presence of a very old project description file from some version of Zend Studio, which called for a module I don't have, and had a project name not matching the actual project name. This was dealt with, and the svn-ignore property updated to stop committing .project and .buildpath.

The resulting commit edited 3 files, removed one, and changed the properties on each of the directories. Vexingly, the issue promptly manifested. Thrice.
index.php/fa/28589/0/

The log showed the same cascading error pile as before, but to be more thorough than last time, I've attached the whole thing starting from the first event to the logger giving up out of enui and saying "... 9 more".

EDIT: that...was actually the wrong image. Updated with the correct one, rather than just the same one from upthread due to a misclick.

[Updated on: Mon, 27 February 2017 17:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Subversive unable to connect to project error immediately after successful commit [message #1755084 is a reply to message #1754918] Mon, 27 February 2017 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well then, I may well have found the interaction at fault -- I'd performed a crazed battery of commit testing an aptly-named SVN_Test repo and been utterly unable to reproduce the error, indeed a different project didn't seem to be able to do it either...however, said project had been edited raw from the repository with no project settings, leaving a pretty empty .project file, devoid of PHP or other natures, nor assoicating with a single builder command. I had Eclipse configure the project as a PHP project, populating the build commands with org.eclipse.wst.validation.validationbuilder and org.eclipse.dltk.core.scriptbuilder, and the natures with org.eclipse.php.core.PHPNature. Then I committed my changes (but a few documentation corrections across 3 files), and blam, there was that darn message, complete with log entries so identical to the ones above in svnTroubles.log that I won't bother posting them. I will attach the .project files though, with the project name changed to protect the guilty.

Is there a known negative interaction between Subversive and one or more of those modules, or should I report this somewhere?
Re: Subversive unable to connect to project error immediately after successful commit [message #1758228 is a reply to message #1755084] Fri, 24 March 2017 22:40 Go to previous message
No telling if there were or not known issues, even after my combing through the bugzilla. However, experimentation has resulted in several issue-free commits while configured as PHP using the SVNKit connector instead (SVNKit 1.8.14), so the issue could well be in JavaHL, either 1.8.15 specifically or any range of versions from 1.8.15 back to 1.8.2 at the oldest.
What's more, simply switching to SVNKit has proven a sufficient solution. So there's that.
Previous Topic:Installing in Luna CDT problem
Next Topic:resource does not exist in the HEAD revision of the repository
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:19:01 GMT 2024