Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Using Kura without Web UI (Is it possible to use Kura without building(compiling) the Web UI module )
Using Kura without Web UI [message #1753453] Mon, 06 February 2017 16:20 Go to next message
Syed Osman is currently offline Syed OsmanFriend
I mean using Kura through OSGI command shell or some other sort of Shell (CLI) to develop plugins and use various other services of Kura.

What i want is a platform without the Web UI, a system that could be used by commands(Pipes & filters) to develop applications as they are developed and managed usually by WEB UI.

OR
I need a baseline to from where i can program my own set of commands to enable Kura application development without WEB UI i.e. like posting or deploying .dp files etc.

Thankyou !
Re: Using Kura without Web UI [message #1753578 is a reply to message #1753453] Tue, 07 February 2017 20:51 Go to previous message
David Woodard is currently offline David WoodardFriend
Hello,

If I understand correctly, you want to control Kura through the OSGi command shell instead of through the web UI. If so, this can be done using the Apache Felix command descriptor. We use this in Kura to allow setting the log level of the framework from the OSGi shell. You can view how this is done here [1]. Let me know if this answers your question.

[1] https://github.com/eclipse/kura/blob/develop/kura/org.eclipse.kura.core.log/src/main/java/org/eclipse/kura/core/log/LoggerCommandProvider.java

Thanks,
--Dave
Previous Topic:Using Jetty server in Kura
Next Topic:Referencing RxJava in Eclipse Kura Plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:51:16 GMT 2024