Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Microsoft Visual C++ toolchain does not exist (Microsoft Visual C++ toolchain does not exist under Project \ Properties \ C/C++ Build \ Tool Chain Editor)
Microsoft Visual C++ toolchain does not exist [message #1752343] Sun, 22 January 2017 13:10 Go to next message
Yaron Ba is currently offline Yaron BaFriend
Problem Description:
Microsoft Visual C++ toolchain does not exist under Project \ Properties \ C/C++ Build \ Tool Chain Editor

index.php/fa/28182/0/Hello

My setup:
Windows 7
Eclipse Neon.2 / Eclipse Neon.1 (Same problem on both)
Microsoft Visual Studio Pro 2013

From Eclipse help I understand that this should work automatically
http://help.eclipse.org/neon/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.cdt.doc.user%2Fconcepts%2Fcdt_c_before_you_begin.htm

I also remember that in previous version, Microsoft Visual C++ used to appear on the list (even if not installed).

Does anyone run into the same problem and can help?

Thanks

• Attachment: eclipse2.png
    (Size: 85.60KB, Downloaded 14318 times)
Re: Microsoft Visual C++ toolchain does not exist [message #1752423 is a reply to message #1752343] Mon, 23 January 2017 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc-André Laperle is currently offline Marc-André LaperleFriend
I assume you used the "Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers" package before. It doesn't include the "Visual C++" toolchain by default anymore. You have to install it as an optional feature. It's also not very maintained anymore.
Re: Microsoft Visual C++ toolchain does not exist [message #1752425 is a reply to message #1752423] Mon, 23 January 2017 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc-André Laperle is currently offline Marc-André LaperleFriend
index.php/fa/28187/0/
  • Attachment: vcsupport.PNG
    (Size: 60.01KB, Downloaded 13747 times)
Re: Microsoft Visual C++ toolchain does not exist [message #1752527 is a reply to message #1752425] Tue, 24 January 2017 18:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yaron Ba is currently offline Yaron BaFriend
Thanks, it does show me now the Visual C++ toolchain Smile

I tried to define the environment variables by running the "Visual Studio\VC\vcvarsall.bat" script using Developer Prompt for VS2013, which does defines the environment variables, but outside of the Prompt they still remain un-defined.
So I defined all of the environment variables manually (PATH, LIB, LIBPATH, INCLUDE) both on Windows and on Eclipse Project Properties \ C/C++ Build \ Environment
But still eclipse does not recognize the includes

If anyone happen to know a guide of how to set up eclipse with Visual C++ toolchain I would be grateful Smile

Thanks
Re: Microsoft Visual C++ toolchain does not exist [message #1752851 is a reply to message #1752527] Sun, 29 January 2017 10:14 Go to previous message
Alex Freidin is currently offline Alex FreidinFriend
Yaron Ba wrote on Tue, 24 January 2017 13:20

If anyone happen to know a guide of how to set up eclipse with Visual C++ toolchain I would be grateful Smile

See if this helps: http://codewriterstips.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/using-microsoft-c-compiler-with-eclipse.html

Visual Studio console sets up the environment for VS toolchain.
AFAIK, you won't be able to debug, only build and run.
Previous Topic:Selecting the correct Arduino tool chain
Next Topic:Compile errors with MinGW/CygWin/CDT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:08:49 GMT 2024