Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Create a node connected to an edge.
Create a node connected to an edge. [message #1751222] Thu, 05 January 2017 19:25 Go to next message
sonny selhorst is currently offline sonny selhorstFriend
Hello,

I am making an Entity-Relationship modeling tool in Sirius. For this, it is needed to be able to associate nodes to edges, in order to give attributes to a relationship. As you can see in the photo, I have been able to create the Attribute and according connection to the edge.

index.php/fa/28038/0/

When I copy an attribute from the rest of the diagram, select the relationship and paste it, it gets added like it should.

index.php/fa/28039/0/

Now, when I try to create it by pressing the blue rectangle when hovering over the relationship, the following error occurs: FeatureNotFoundException: entityAttributes on er.impl.EntityRelationshipDiagramImpl@ed09a68 (name: attribute).

I'm sorry if the solution is really simple, I have tried quite some things, but nothing seems to work.

Included are the meta-model, screenshots of the example model and a screenshot of the odesign file.

Thank you.

index.php/fa/28041/0/
index.php/fa/28040/0/

[Updated on: Thu, 05 January 2017 19:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Create a node connected to an edge. [message #1751264 is a reply to message #1751222] Fri, 06 January 2017 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julien Dupont is currently offline Julien DupontFriend
Hi Sonny,

Could you give us your metamodel and odesign file, so that, we can reproduce problem.

Thanks.

Regards,

Julien
Re: Create a node connected to an edge. [message #1751265 is a reply to message #1751264] Fri, 06 January 2017 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Of course, thank you for your very quick reply. I am amazed by the support that is offered.

I included my files.
  • Attachment: design.zip
    (Size: 15.17KB, Downloaded 86 times)
  • Attachment: ecore.zip
    (Size: 203.58KB, Downloaded 92 times)
Re: Create a node connected to an edge. [message #1751277 is a reply to message #1751265] Fri, 06 January 2017 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julien Dupont is currently offline Julien DupontFriend
Hi,

You have 2 errors in your odesign, the first is during the create instance, you didn't manage the case for the RelationShip's attributes (relation relationshipAttributes). The second problem come from Sirius. You can't used a node creation tool on an edge. So, to resolve your problem I offer you a solution to manage with only one tool the attribute for Entity (relation entityAttributes) and for RelationShip (relation relationshipAttributes). An other solution is to used 2 tools of attributes creation. With the attached solution, as we want connect an attribute to a RelationShip we must use a selection wizard to choose the RelationShip.

Regards,
Re: Create a node connected to an edge. [message #1752857 is a reply to message #1751277] Sun, 29 January 2017 18:10 Go to previous message
Wow, thank you very much for your time and the solution that you offered.

I must say that I am very impressed by the responsiveness and community of Sirius and Obeo.
Previous Topic:[Property Views] Customize property Views to display containment features.
Next Topic:[ANN] Sirius 4.1.3
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 15:18:25 GMT 2024