Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Create a Button to External Java Code(how to create a button to call a jar file)
Create a Button to External Java Code [message #1750703] Mon, 26 December 2016 14:11 Go to next message
Cesar Bernabe is currently offline Cesar BernabeFriend
Hi everyone,

I'm creating a diagram in which I would like to have a button that would execute a (external) jar file every time it was clicked. It seems to be a very easy task, but I have no idea on how do I start this. Can someone help me with any tutorial on how to do this?

Regards
Re: Create a Button to External Java Code [message #1750858 is a reply to message #1750703] Fri, 30 December 2016 08:38 Go to previous message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
Hi,

There are no "buttons" per se on diagrams (not in the sense of an SWT button), but you can have something close by configuring a Double-Click Tool on one of your nodes/containers. In the behavior of the tool, simply call a custom Java service that executes whatever you want (for that part you're on your own, it's plain Java and independant of Sirius).

Regards,
Pierre-Charles David

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:How to create connection without crossing either node or other connections
Next Topic:External Java Action
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 01:58:07 GMT 2024