Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Information about kura crypto API
Information about kura crypto API [message #1750567] Thu, 22 December 2016 17:06 Go to next message
Sabrina anirbas is currently offline Sabrina anirbasFriend
Hello,

I came accross this Kura API for cryptography but can't find documentation about it.

what kind of encryption does it implement? AES-128?
and in which mode CTR? ECB?

I did not find also how to use. For example when I receive an encrypted data how can I set the key so that I will be able to decrypted?

Thanks,
Best
Sabrina

[Updated on: Fri, 23 December 2016 14:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Information about kura crypto API [message #1750880 is a reply to message #1750567] Fri, 30 December 2016 20:26 Go to previous message
David Woodard is currently offline David WoodardFriend
Hi Sabrina,

I assume you have looked over the API [1], correct? This should provide usage information. If you want details on the implementation, you can always view the source [2]. If you need more details than this, let me know. Keep in mind, the secret key is kept in plain text in the source code, so if you plan on using this service you will want to specify your own secret key through the system property "org.eclipse.kura.core.crypto.secretKey".

[1] http://download.eclipse.org/kura/docs/api/2.1.0/apidocs/org/eclipse/kura/crypto/CryptoService.html
[2] https://github.com/eclipse/kura/blob/develop/kura/org.eclipse.kura.core.crypto/src/main/java/org/eclipse/kura/core/crypto/CryptoServiceImpl.java

Thanks,
--Dave
Previous Topic:Getting properties changes from broker via MQTT
Next Topic:DataServiceListener
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:09:35 GMT 2024