Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » JSDT autocomplete issues (again?)(Not working in Mars)
JSDT autocomplete issues (again?) [message #1746134] Sun, 23 October 2016 01:32
Tony G is currently offline Tony GFriend
I've done research and see this is a recognized issue. I guess my question will be: Is there a solution in Mars or in Neon?

I'm running Mars.2 and have a project with Java and JavaScript (uses ScriptEngineManager). JavaDoc/AutoComplete is working in Java but not in JS files. It Was working but then just stopped. I've restarted, rebooted, refreshed, rebuilt. No joy. The error reported is :
Quote:
An exception occurred while getting the JSDoc. See log for details.
(in the log: ) file.js [in [in ...Workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.core\libraries\system.js]] does not exist

I deleted and re-defined the workspace. No joy. Mouseover the keyword Array and it does show system.jsArray with ECMA info. But mouseover String and it shows src/docs/jsString. "src/docs" is a path in my project.

I'm thinking it's just looking in the wrong place for the docs but I don't know where to set that. I've read that there is a bug where auto complete only works within a file. This seems to be consistent where it's still looking within the current file for the definition of everything.

I can get String to refer back to system.jsString if I add an invalid function. But if I fix the function it goes back to looking in my src/docs. Go figure.

Do I need Neon? Do I need another IDE?
Thanks.
Previous Topic:migrating an eclipse plugin on Eclipse 3.4 to 3.6.
Next Topic:HTTP Preview Server Unable to Start
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:51:11 GMT 2024