Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » ClassNotFoundException: java.sql.* when running Eclipse IDE on Java 9 Early Access
ClassNotFoundException: java.sql.* when running Eclipse IDE on Java 9 Early Access [message #1744107] Thu, 22 September 2016 11:28
Andreas Sewe is currently offline Andreas SeweFriend
Hi,

I'm trying to run the Eclipse SDK (Oxygen M2) on Java 9 (Early Access b136 to be precise). Following the Wiki, I added the -vmarg --add-modules=java.se.ee. This allows me to start the Eclipse IDE on Java 9. Smile

When installing Code Recommenders and triggering content assist, however, I get an error due to the following exception (see Bug 501968 for the full stack trace):

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: java.sql.Time
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.findClass(java.base@9-ea/ClassLoader.java:665)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(java.base@9-ea/ClassLoader.java:491)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(java.base@9-ea/ClassLoader.java:424)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:371)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:364)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:161)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(java.base@9-ea/ClassLoader.java:424)
	... 118 more

I am a bit confused as to why this happens. AFAIK, the java.sql module is part of the java.se module used as a platform. So why can't the BundleLoader find java.sql.Time? (And no, adding --add-modules=java.se.ee,java.sql didn't help.)

Doesn't the new java.se module simply define what's on the boot class path (or platform class path)? If so, why won't Equinox find its classes?
Previous Topic:Revert to Previous Configuration list is missing in eclipse
Next Topic:Bridging Equinox To A Legacy Build System
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:44:37 GMT 2024