Have you succeeded in getting a running Scout Hello World?
And please provide more details:
- Operating system/version
- Scout version (help -> about, installation details, then tab features (check features "Sccout SDK" and "EPP Scout Bundle")
- Description of a specific case that does not work
(1) are there any entries in the Eclipse "Error Log" view that can be associated with you pressing ctrl-space? if so, please provide a screenshot
(2) does ctrl-space work in a plain java project in a fresh workspace (this is a relevant question as the Scout SDK just adds its proposal to the Java editor mechanism)?
(3) does ctrl-space work in a new Scout hello world project (this would be relevant in case you have issues with your workspace. we had this in the past (although rarely)?
Can you please share how your content assist preferences look like?
It can be found at Window -> Preferences -> Java -> Editor -> Content Assist -> Advanced.
Please ensure that the Kinds "Eclipse Scout Templates" and "Java Proposals" are checked. Alternatively you can also try to push the button "Restore Defaults". Is anything changed when pressing that button?