Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Eclipse plugin - swing AUT not started (5009: start failed)
Eclipse plugin - swing AUT not started (5009: start failed) [message #1739675] Wed, 03 August 2016 16:47 Go to next message
Calos Heubergre is currently offline Calos HeubergreFriend
I am trying to evaluate the Jubula Eclipse plugin, not the standalone version.
So I started following the "001 First Steps Cheat Sheet" but I am stuck at the "Start the AUT" step.
Starting the AUT always ends with the error message "5009: AUT start failed". I could not find any log file: the .jubula directory only contains the database directory.

The embedded AUT Agent seems to be running: "Connected to AUT Agent localhost:60001" is being displayed on the status line of Eclipse and I can connect to the 60001 port using telnet (just for checking).

Here the settings:

• AUT:
    Name: Adder
    Toolkit: swing
    AUT configurations:
    - Adder@localhost
  • AUT Configuration:
    AUT ConifgurationName: Adder@localhost
    AUT Agent Host: localhost
    AUT ID: SimpleAdder_2
    Executable File Name: C:\DATEN\DEVELOP\ECLIPSE\SimpleAdder\SimpleAdder.bat
    AUTWorking Directory: C:\DATEN\DEVELOP\ECLIPSE\SimpleAdder
  • SimpleAdder.bat (checked from Command Prompt):
    cd C:\DATEN\DEVELOP\ECLIPSE\SimpleAdder
    "%JRE8_HOME%\bin\java.exe" -jar C:\DATEN\DEVELOP\ECLIPSE\SimpleAdder\SimpleAdder.jar
  • Database
    embedded (H2)

Versions:

• Jubula Functional Testing - 4.0.0.201605250813 - org.eclipse.jubula.feature.feature.group
  • Jubula Launch Support for Java / Swing - 4.0.0.201605250813 - org.eclipse.jubula.feature.launch.java.feature.group
  • Eclipse Neon Release (4.6.0)
  • Java 1.8.0_102-b14 (mixed-mode, 64)
  • Windows 7 Enterprise SP1

I have not found the "Simple Adder" sample application (only in standalone?) so I wrote a very simple swing application with just two input and one output field.
I also tried to configure the AUT to just start the JAR or the java class directly without using the .bat file, setting main class and class path accordingly in the AUT configuration, to no avail.

Questions:
- what is wrong - hard to say anything without logs, I know?
- do I need the standalone version to run the plugin?
- how to enable logging for the Eclipse plugin?

Thank you.

EDIT 2016-08-04:
I just downloaded and installed the standalone version and tested the same project on it and it worked at once, without changing anything. But the eclipse plugin is still not working.

[Updated on: Thu, 04 August 2016 07:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse plugin - swing AUT not started (5009: start failed) [message #1739857 is a reply to message #1739675] Fri, 05 August 2016 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hello Calos,

Thank you for the very detailed description. It is indeed the case that the plugin doesn't contain the example applications. It is on our list to make them availble outside of the standalone, but we haven't done it yet. You should have been able to start your self written application (though I must admit that it's been a while since we tested the main class area in detail - most applications are now started with an executable or jar.

The logging for the Eclipse plugin is pre-enabled. The logs can be seen via help/show client log I believe.

Let us know if you have any more queries.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Eclipse plugin - swing AUT not started (5009: start failed) [message #1739870 is a reply to message #1739857] Fri, 05 August 2016 07:59 Go to previous message
Calos Heubergre is currently offline Calos HeubergreFriend
Alexandra Schladebeck wrote on Fri, 05 August 2016 05:57
Hello Calos,

Thank you for the very detailed description. It is indeed the case that the plugin doesn't contain the example applications. It is on our list to make them availble outside of the standalone, but we haven't done it yet. You should have been able to start your self written application (though I must admit that it's been a while since we tested the main class area in detail - most applications are now started with an executable or jar.

The logging for the Eclipse plugin is pre-enabled. The logs can be seen via help/show client log I believe.

Let us know if you have any more queries.

Best regards,
Alex

Hello Alex,

logging is not enabled in my eclipse installation - there was no "logs" directory under .jubula, only the database was there, and I just got a message to enable the logging under "help/show client log" - that is why I asked how to enable it (see screenshots).

index.php/fa/26699/0/index.php/fa/26700/0/

The logs directory was eventually created after trying the standalone, but still no logs from the eclipse plugin.

I'll try a clean installation of eclipse, without any other plugins, when I get some extra time...

Thank you,
Calos.

EDIT 2016-09-05:
Some discovery:
Jubula installed in a fresh "Eclipse for Java" package works fine, but if installed on a fresh "Eclipse for RCP and RAP" it does not start the AUT and logging is disabled.

[Updated on: Fri, 05 August 2016 12:37]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Standalone release 8.3.0
Next Topic:About parameter in Test case's properties
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:10:28 GMT 2024