Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Kura No Net package(what is the difference between no net and other package)
Kura No Net package [message #1737708] Tue, 12 July 2016 08:04 Go to next message
Said Ucar is currently offline Said UcarFriend
Hi All,

I'm wondering that what is the difference between kura no net and normal package?
In the project page, it says;

"Along with release and snapshot versions, Kura also provides "no networking" versions of the Debian install files. Files with "(No Net)" will provide frameworks in which Kura will not assist in configuring network interfaces or firewall."

I can understand the firewall configuration part, but I dont get clearly the network interfaces part. What exactly kura does to network interfaces?

PS: While I was try to set up my pi as an Access Point, I noticed that Kura also does Access Point (with net package). What is the purpose of this access point feature?

Thanks in advance,
Said.
Re: Kura No Net package [message #1737901 is a reply to message #1737708] Thu, 14 July 2016 00:20 Go to previous message
David Woodard is currently offline David WoodardFriend
Hello,

If you install Kura with networking support, Kura will control the network interfaces. This allows configuration of settings such as DHCP, Static IP, WiFi settings, etc. It is important to note that Kura will overwrite system files related to networking. This means any existing network settings will be overwritten by the default Kura settings. For the Raspberry Pi, this sets eth0 to be a DHCP client and if there is a Wifi interface, it will setup the Raspberry Pi as a WiFi Access Point.

Since Kura networking manages all interfaces, you can also configure WiFi settings. Using the web UI, you can setup your Raspberry Pi as a WiFi Access Point. This includes setting the SSID, password, DHCP range, etc.

Hope that helps.

--Dave
Previous Topic:package installed but did not show up under the services in the Kura web UI
Next Topic:Eclipse Kura on BBB - Wifi Not connecting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:53:47 GMT 2024