Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse SmartHome » Creating Things from a DiscoveryResult(Creating Things from a DiscoveryResult)
Creating Things from a DiscoveryResult [message #1733442] Fri, 27 May 2016 07:24 Go to next message
Adam Gillmore is currently offline Adam GillmoreFriend
Hi, I would like to check that my understanding is correct regarding the creation of Things that have been discovered via a Discovery Service rather than Things that have been declared in the foo.things file.

I have a DiscoveryService which I know is discovering a new Thing, and is creating the DiscoveryResult which I am building using the DiscoveryResultBuilder. I then call thingDiscovered(myDiscoveryResult).
In the logs I see
[INFO ] [smarthome.event.InboxUpdatedEvent ] - Discovery Result with UID 'foo:bar:bridge1:my_thing' has been updated.

I am then expecting that the createThing method of my ThingHandlerFactory to be called, however it is not.
I also have a bridge and another Thing which I declare in the foo.things file and these are created just fine through my ThingHandlerFactory.

Is my expectation correct or is there something else I have to do in order to have createThing() called for discovered things?

Re: Creating Things from a DiscoveryResult [message #1733474 is a reply to message #1733442] Fri, 27 May 2016 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcel Verpaalen is currently offline Marcel VerpaalenFriend
I think that you first need to approve the inbox item.
When you approve (e.g in paper ui, or via command in the console)

After approval creatething is called
Re: Creating Things from a DiscoveryResult [message #1733714 is a reply to message #1733474] Tue, 31 May 2016 08:18 Go to previous message
Adam Gillmore is currently offline Adam GillmoreFriend
Ah, great - I have found this now. I wasn't expecting this to require user intervention. Thanks.
Previous Topic:Channel Configuration through UI
Next Topic:<thing-type id="thingTypeId"> is case sensitive?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 20 15:13:47 GMT 2018