Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » [neon] M7/RC1 AccessControlService problems
[neon] M7/RC1 AccessControlService problems [message #1732941] Mon, 23 May 2016 09:02 Go to next message
Nejc Gasper is currently offline Nejc GasperFriend
So we have 2 projects :

commons -> contracts

Commons holds some templates + login logic + other stuff you would expect.

Contract project is the "meat".

Problem since upgrading to M7: ServerAccessControlService is *ignored* when running the contracts project, I guess because it resides in the commons project. It runs normally when I only run the commons project, but I actually never want to do that. I want to use it as utility mostly.

I am still investigating why AccessControlService does not fire, any ideas/pointers welcome.

edit: Somehow AllAccessControlService.execLoadPermissions is fired, I have not configured to use that in any way.

[Updated on: Mon, 23 May 2016 02:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [neon] M7/RC1 AccessControlService problems [message #1733005 is a reply to message #1732941] Mon, 23 May 2016 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
What do you mean by ignored?

What is the instance returned by this call:
BEANS.get(IAccessControlService.class)

As always with the bean manager the possible questions are:
* Is your jandex inventory up-to-date?
* If you have multiple possible implementations of the IAccessControlService, are your @Order and or @Replace annotations correctly set?
* Is the list of projects in your classpath the correct one?

AllAccessControlService is in the "testing.shared" project? Why is this project on your classpath?
Re: [neon] M7/RC1 AccessControlService problems [message #1733040 is a reply to message #1733005] Mon, 23 May 2016 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nejc Gasper is currently offline Nejc GasperFriend
Quote:

AllAccessControlService is in the "testing.shared" project? Why is this project on your classpath?

This was what I needed! Didn't notice it myself (dumb of me), but you know ... forest instead of the trees and whatnot. Apparently the guys who was adding testing deps didn't think of adding <scope>test</scope> Smile Thanks a bunch again; basically I was losing hours because I got locked into ***.

Guess somehow that testing service had the priority.

A few follow-up questions if you be so kind:
* how is the priority decided if you have multiple @Replaces and no @Order; I assume if @Order is present that is how it is decided, what if not?
* how do you check jandex inventory? shouldn't that be cleared automatically? If not what are the conditions for caching/not caching?

If that is all already in the scout book no need to answer, I will be checking it again.

Regards
Re: [neon] M7/RC1 AccessControlService problems [message #1733063 is a reply to message #1733040] Tue, 24 May 2016 07:51 Go to previous message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Nejc Gasper wrote on Tue, 24 May 2016 00:46

* how is the priority decided if you have multiple @Replaces and no @Order; I assume if @Order is present that is how it is decided, what if not?

See the doc: http://eclipsescout.github.io/6.0/latest/book_scout_architecture/scout_architecture/scout_architecture.html#bean-manager

I think an error is logged if the configuration is not deterministic.

Nejc Gasper wrote on Tue, 24 May 2016 00:46

* how do you check jandex inventory? shouldn't that be cleared automatically? If not what are the conditions for caching/not caching?

It should be recalculated if you when you start properly from Eclipse or if when you build with Maven. There is a config to skip the calculation of the class inventory at startup:
jandex.rebuild=false

Read more here: http://eclipsescout.github.io/6.0/latest/book_scout_architecture/scout_architecture/scout_architecture.html#class-inventory
Previous Topic:[neon] How to set the background of the field with focus to yellow
Next Topic:[neon] Hiding navigation pane when changing outlines
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:58:16 GMT 2024