Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » No ScoutPropertyView in M7
No ScoutPropertyView in M7 [message #1732689] Thu, 19 May 2016 08:52 Go to next message
Andreas Christ is currently offline Andreas ChristFriend
I just downloaded and installed "eclipse-scout-neon-M7-linux-gtk-x86_64.tar.gz" on my Linux (Ubuntu 16.04) system, but there's some issue with the Scout Property View.
"Could not create the view: org.eclipse.scout.sdk.ui.internal.view.properties.ScoutPropertyView" (see attached error.log).
(The Scout Explorer is also not available: "Could not create the view: org.eclipse.scout.sdk.ui.internal.view.outline.ScoutExplorerPart", see error2.log)

It's a fresh installation, but I cannot work with the Scout Views.

You you need more information?
java version "1.8.0_91"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_91-b14)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.91-b14, mixed mode)

Regards,
Andreas

• Attachment: error.log
    (Size: 10.35KB, Downloaded 124 times)
  • Attachment: error2.log
    (Size: 9.67KB, Downloaded 137 times)
Re: No ScoutPropertyView in M7 [message #1732695 is a reply to message #1732689] Thu, 19 May 2016 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Zimmermann is currently offline Matthias ZimmermannFriend
The Scout Neon SDK no longer comes with a dedicated Scout perspective. As a result, the new Scout SDK does not come with a Scout property view or a Scout explorer.

- Are you trying to use the new Scout Neon SDK to access a workspace created with a Scout Mars (or older) SDK?
- Additional question: If you create a Neon "hello world" application, do you get the same errors?
Re: No ScoutPropertyView in M7 [message #1732698 is a reply to message #1732695] Thu, 19 May 2016 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I changed to a new empty workspace and started the creation of HelloWorld app, but the following error occurs:
[SEVERE]: Unable to create Scout Project.
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Unable to create Scout Project.
	at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.s2e.operation.project.ScoutProjectNewOperation.run(ScoutProjectNewOperation.java:104)
	at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.s2e.job.ResourceBlockingOperationJob.run(ResourceBlockingOperationJob.java:98)
	at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.s2e.job.AbstractResourceBlockingJob.doRun(AbstractResourceBlockingJob.java:87)
	at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.s2e.job.AbstractResourceBlockingJob.run(AbstractResourceBlockingJob.java:75)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Maven call failed:

at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.core.s.util.MavenCliRunner.execute(MavenCliRunner.java:106)
	at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.core.s.project.ScoutProjectNewHelper.createProject(ScoutProjectNewHelper.java:116)
	at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.s2e.operation.project.ScoutProjectNewOperation.run(ScoutProjectNewOperation.java:94)
	... 4 more

UPDATE: ah... I forgot to install buildhelper (m2e connector for build-helper-maven-plugin) and m2e connector for the eclipse jdt compiler

ok, HelloWorld was successfully created. But there are still no special Scout Views?

> "the new Scout SDK does not come with a Scout property view or a Scout explorer"
so there is no fancy visual editing in Scout neon?
Re: No ScoutPropertyView in M7 [message #1732700 is a reply to message #1732698] Thu, 19 May 2016 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:
> "the new Scout SDK does not come with a Scout property view or a Scout explorer"
so there is no fancy visual editing in Scout neon?

No, no longer as the Scout tooling moved to the Java perspective mostly as described in a recent blog post.
Re: No ScoutPropertyView in M7 [message #1732706 is a reply to message #1732700] Thu, 19 May 2016 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah, I see, NICE!
Thank you
Re: No ScoutPropertyView in M7 [message #1734404 is a reply to message #1732698] Wed, 08 June 2016 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Boyd is currently offline Chris BoydFriend
Andreas Christ wrote on Thu, 19 May 2016 09:53
I changed to a new empty workspace and started the creation of HelloWorld app, but the following error occurs:
[SEVERE]: Unable to create Scout Project.
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Unable to create Scout Project.
	at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.s2e.operation.project.ScoutProjectNewOperation.run(ScoutProjectNewOperation.java:104)
	at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.s2e.job.ResourceBlockingOperationJob.run(ResourceBlockingOperationJob.java:98)
	at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.s2e.job.AbstractResourceBlockingJob.doRun(AbstractResourceBlockingJob.java:87)
	at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.s2e.job.AbstractResourceBlockingJob.run(AbstractResourceBlockingJob.java:75)

at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.core.s.util.MavenCliRunner.execute(MavenCliRunner.java:106)
	at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.core.s.project.ScoutProjectNewHelper.createProject(ScoutProjectNewHelper.java:116)
	at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.s2e.operation.project.ScoutProjectNewOperation.run(ScoutProjectNewOperation.java:94)
	... 4 more

Hi Andreas, I am getting this same "Maven call failed" error when creating the new Scout project, but I have installed buildhelper and m2e jdt compiler m2e connectors.

My stacktrace line numbers are slightly different:
------
STATUS
------
pluginId            org.eclipse.scout.sdk.s2e
pluginVersion       6.0.0.20160607-232328
code                0
severity            4
message             Unable to create Scout Project.
fingerprint         51ad450375c703cba5651bdaba043333

Exception:org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Unable to create Scout Project.
	 at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.s2e.operation.project.ScoutProjectNewOperation.run(ScoutProjectNewOperation.java:105)
	 at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.s2e.job.ResourceBlockingOperationJob.run(ResourceBlockingOperationJob.java:104)

at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.s2e.operation.project.ScoutProjectNewOperation.run(ScoutProjectNewOperation.java:95)
	 at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.s2e.job.ResourceBlockingOperationJob.run(ResourceBlockingOperationJob.java:104)

Do you have any idea this error might still be occurring for me?

Thank you,

Chris Boyd

[Updated on: Wed, 08 June 2016 03:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: No ScoutPropertyView in M7 [message #1734440 is a reply to message #1734404] Wed, 08 June 2016 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chris,

you seem to be using one of the very latest builds. can you please provide your platform and eclipse installation details?

for the eclipse installation details:
- version string as shown on the "About Eclipse" dialog
- scout sdk plugins from "Eclipse Installation Details" in the "Plug-ins" tab
- scout runtime version, eg org.eclipse.scout.rt.version value in your projects parent pom.xml file

tx
matthias
Re: No ScoutPropertyView in M7 [message #1734530 is a reply to message #1734440] Thu, 09 June 2016 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Urs Beeli is currently offline Urs BeeliFriend
We've seen the same problem when using maven 3.0.5, updating our eclipse preferences to use maven 3.3 solved the problem when creating scout projects.
Re: No ScoutPropertyView in M7 [message #1734565 is a reply to message #1734440] Thu, 09 June 2016 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Zimmermann wrote on Wed, 08 June 2016 11:42
chris,

you seem to be using one of the very latest builds. can you please provide your platform and eclipse installation details?

for the eclipse installation details:
- version string as shown on the "About Eclipse" dialog
- scout sdk plugins from "Eclipse Installation Details" in the "Plug-ins" tab
- scout runtime version, eg org.eclipse.scout.rt.version value in your projects parent pom.xml file

tx
matthias

Hi Matthias, here is the Eclipse and Scout SDK versions:
Eclipse: Eclipse for Scout Developers Neon Release Candidate 3 (4.6.0RC3)
Scout SDK: 6.0.0.20160609-1348

There is no parent pom.xml as the project never actually gets created Sad This is in a brand new workspace.
Re: No ScoutPropertyView in M7 [message #1734567 is a reply to message #1734565] Thu, 09 June 2016 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1) what platform are you using (linux (flavor)?, osx, windows)?
2) do you have internet access from your eclipse ide?

without internet access nothing will work with the scout neon package, as the scout runtime is downloaded via maven archetype project setup.
Re: No ScoutPropertyView in M7 [message #1734575 is a reply to message #1734567] Thu, 09 June 2016 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Matthias, I am using Ubuntu Linux 16.04.

Eclipse seems to have internet access as I am able to interact with the Eclipse Marketplace within the IDE.

Please let me know if there is anything else I should try or any other information I can provide for you.

Thank you,

Chris Boyd
Re: No ScoutPropertyView in M7 [message #1734597 is a reply to message #1734575] Thu, 09 June 2016 16:15 Go to previous message
Matthias Villiger is currently offline Matthias VilligerFriend
Hi Chris

You can try the following:

1. Open a fresh workspace.
2. Go to Window -> Preferences -> Scout and set the Log level to 'Debug'.
3. Try to create a new scout project (ignore that it fails)
4. In the Scout SDK Console you should see that an embedded maven call is executed (starts with "Executing embedded maven with arguments"). Afterwards all the arguments are shown.
5. Then open a console and navigate to an empty temporary directory.
6. There try to execute the maven command with the arguments as previously found in step 4. It should be something like "mvn archetype:generate -B -DarchetypeGroupId=org.eclipse.scout.archetypes ...". Please also ensure you have a maven installation available on your path or use an absolute path to the mvn executable of maven.

There you should see more details what happens. Can you post this output please?

Thanks
Previous Topic:[Blog Post] Eclipse DemoCamp Zurich, June 21st 2016
Next Topic:[Blog Post] The Things Network and Eclipse Scout
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:02:14 GMT 2024