Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » <thing-type id="thingTypeId"> is case sensitive?
<thing-type id="thingTypeId"> is case sensitive? [message #1732501] Tue, 17 May 2016 18:10 Go to next message
Karel Goderis is currently offline Karel GoderisFriend
I just happen to notice in the ESH-INF xml's that the id attribute as in

<thing-type id="thingTypeId">

is case sensitive. In the sonos binding the types are all UPPERCASE, whereas I propose to switch everything (also other bindings, if the case), to CamelType or small caps .
[UPPERCASE makes the .things file pretty ugly IMHO)

Karel
Re: <thing-type id="thingTypeId"> is case sensitive? [message #1732862 is a reply to message #1732501] Sat, 21 May 2016 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karel Goderis is currently offline Karel GoderisFriend
Or, alternatively, make the attribute case-insensitive?

No strong opinions on this? Wink
Re: <thing-type id="thingTypeId"> is case sensitive? [message #1733877 is a reply to message #1732862] Wed, 01 June 2016 17:10 Go to previous message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
I think for Sonos the upper case was chosen because that's how their products are spelled as well.
I indeed do not have a strong opinion. I am fine with introducing case-insensitivity in the code or with coming up with naming guidelines (which we should imho also have for channel names/types).
Feel free to make suggestions here, create PRs (also for the documentation) and help enforcing them Smile
Previous Topic:Creating Things from a DiscoveryResult
Next Topic:How to know when the an UI is used
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:40:49 GMT 2024