Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Does KURA supports lwm2m protocol?
Does KURA supports lwm2m protocol? [message #1731965] Wed, 11 May 2016 10:10 Go to next message
Sabrina anirbas is currently offline Sabrina anirbasFriend
Hello,

I came across this branch of kura developpement:
https://github.com/eclipse/kura/tree/lwm2m

I am wondering if KURA supports the lwm2M protocol, if yes, does it support the server and client side?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Re: Does KURA supports lwm2m protocol? [message #1732235 is a reply to message #1731965] Fri, 13 May 2016 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Luca Dazi is currently offline Luca DaziFriend
Hello Sabrina,
you can find on the lwm2m branch a proof of concept for LightweightM2M integration.
Right now it uses Californium to use CoAP in Kura and Leshan on top of it for LWM2M.

The current implementation is a stand alone bundle which maps several Kura services to LWM2M Objects, thus giving the possibility to do some basic device management.
So, I guess the answer is: only client LWM2M is implemented, right now.

Please note that the LWM2M branch has not been updated for a while, so if you want to experiment with it, you'll probably want to update Californium and Leshan.

It would be great to have some contribution on well designed mapping of the Kura core services to LWM2M Objects!

Luca
Re: Does KURA supports lwm2m protocol? [message #1748466 is a reply to message #1732235] Wed, 23 November 2016 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pablo Chacin is currently offline Pablo ChacinFriend
Hi

From what I can see, this PoC is not longer active (last activity two years ago).
Are there any plans for integrating lwm2m into Kura?
Re: Does KURA supports lwm2m protocol? [message #1748888 is a reply to message #1748466] Tue, 29 November 2016 19:24 Go to previous message
David Woodard is currently offline David WoodardFriend
Hello Pablo,

This is still something we would like to pursue, it is just not at the front of our roadmap. If this would be useful for you, we are always looking for contributions. We would be happy to work with you to get this going.

Thanks,
--Dave
Previous Topic:Using EventAdmin service inside an OSGI bundle
Next Topic:How to import external .jar and use it in a bundle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:35:56 GMT 2024