Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Kura data acquisition (Sending data from Arduino to Kura running on an Raspberry)
Kura data acquisition [message #1731733] Mon, 09 May 2016 15:56 Go to next message
Gabriel Dias is currently offline Gabriel DiasFriend
Hello,

Sorry for the newbie question and the poor english.

I want to send the data generated by arduino sensors to an MQTT broker on the cloud, but the challenge I'm facing is to get data from the arduino and send it to the Kura.

I'm thinking about installing the mosquitto and develop a plugin to read data from the mosquitto and forward it to the cloud through the kura, is there a better way to do this?

Thanks and Regards.
Re: Kura data acquisition [message #1731936 is a reply to message #1731733] Wed, 11 May 2016 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierantonio Merlino is currently offline Pierantonio MerlinoFriend
Hi,

could you explain in details your configuration?
The sensors are directly connected to the RaspberryPi? Or you have an Arduino board connected to the Raspberry?

However, you can develop a Kura bundle that retrieves directly the data from the sensors (here [1] some documentation) and publish them on your broker (see also here [2]).

Best,
Pier

[1] http://eclipse.github.io/kura/doc/kura-dio-apis.html
[2] http://eclipse.github.io/kura/doc/cloud-configuration.html
Re: Kura data acquisition [message #1732019 is a reply to message #1731936] Wed, 11 May 2016 19:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gabriel Dias is currently offline Gabriel DiasFriend
Hello,

I have 3 arduino boards connected to the Raspberry through Wi-Fi.

The data flow now is the following:

Arduino -> Mosquitto -> Kura -> Cloud.

The arduino send data to Mosquitto using MQTT through WiFi, the kura get the data from the Mosquitto and send to cloud using the DataTransport.

Is there a better way to do this?
Re: Kura data acquisition [message #1732106 is a reply to message #1732019] Thu, 12 May 2016 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierantonio Merlino is currently offline Pierantonio MerlinoFriend
Hi,

your architecture is feasible, but you have to manage the connection between Kura and your local Mosquitto broker. BTW, at which cloud service you have to send the data?
You could connect the sensors directly to the RaspberryPi (bluetooth? by wire?) avoiding the local broker, but this depends on what is your specific application and which components you have already developed.

Re: Kura data acquisition [message #1735493 is a reply to message #1731733] Mon, 20 June 2016 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Minh Le is currently offline Minh LeFriend
Hi Dias,

I am currently implementing a project having the same your structure (Arduino --> Mosquitto --> Kura --> Cloud).

So I have a question need to be answered.
That is how can I create a connection between Mosquitto and Kura?

I need to get data sent from Arduino to Mosquitto broker, and then I use Kura to get the data from the broker.

Sorry for my basic question.

Thank you in advance,
Minh
Re: Kura data acquisition [message #1735803 is a reply to message #1735493] Wed, 22 June 2016 20:00 Go to previous message
David Woodard is currently offline David WoodardFriend
Hi Minh,

MQTT is a publish/subscribe model based on topics. If your Arduino is publishing to the Mosquitto broker on topic test/this/now, then Kura would need to subscribe to this same topic.

What is your transport protocol for sending data to the Cloud? If it is also MQTT, you would have to manage the dual connections (one to Mosquitto and the other to the cloud). Kura 2.0, which is releasing soon, will have its first implementation of supporting multiple simultaneous connections. If you need multiple MQTT connections, wait for Kura 2.0. We will post documentation on how to use this feature.

Thanks,
--Dave
Previous Topic:Receiving no response when sending a request
Next Topic:Kura and use of database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:36:40 GMT 2024