Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » password fields in a configurable component: exactly how is it encoded?
password fields in a configurable component: exactly how is it encoded? [message #1730859] Fri, 29 April 2016 10:52 Go to next message
Ignacio Rey is currently offline Ignacio ReyFriend
I have a service that implements org.eclipse.kura.configuration.ConfigurableComponent. When the configuration is updated I get a call to the method I specified and the argument is a Map that contains all properties.

The content of password fields arrives as a string that appears to be Base64, but decoding it does not yield the original password. I'd like to know what exactly this string is.

Is it a non-decryptable hash? If yes, which? MD5? SHA-1?
Re: password fields in a configurable component: exactly how is it encoded? [message #1730869 is a reply to message #1730859] Fri, 29 April 2016 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matteo Maiero is currently offline Matteo MaieroFriend
Hi Ignacio,
the password field you get from the configuration service is AES-128 encrypted.
You need to perform a call to the crypto service to get it unencrypted.
Hope it helps.

Matteo
Re: password fields in a configurable component: exactly how is it encoded? [message #1739117 is a reply to message #1730869] Wed, 27 July 2016 15:12 Go to previous message
Fabrizio Mazzurana is currently offline Fabrizio MazzuranaFriend
Hi Marco,
after I get the Component password from the properties, I tried to apply all the available methods of the crypto service but I'm not able to obtain a plain password string.
Where am I wrong ? Could you give me an example how to unencrypt the password ?
Thanks in advance.
Bests
Fabrizio
Previous Topic:org.osgi.framework.Bundle.getSignerCertificates() - where does kura look for "trusted" pub
Next Topic:Kura Admin web UI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:09:14 GMT 2024