Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » Issue to implement a discovery service(discovery service)
Issue to implement a discovery service [message #1729284] Tue, 12 April 2016 15:03 Go to next message
Tardif Clément is currently offline Tardif ClémentFriend
Hello,

I'm trying to implement a discovery service in my bundle. My bundle can interact with severeal device (light, shutter...) and each device use a different class (light.java , shutter.java) to realize action on it (discovery, read and write data).

I manage with the following problems.One of my device can be discoverd by an another class (light.java discover a shutter) but it's impossible after for this class to use it. So I wandering if it's possible to implement several discovery service in one bundle.

Clément
Re: Issue to implement a discovery service [message #1729314 is a reply to message #1729284] Tue, 12 April 2016 20:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcel Verpaalen is currently offline Marcel VerpaalenFriend
yes, you can have multiple discovery services.
e.g. hue binding and max binding you can see examples out of that (e.g. for the bridge there is a different discovery than for the devices)

Ans long as you can somehow identify which device needs to be discovered by which handler I think it is doable
Re: Issue to implement a discovery service [message #1729537 is a reply to message #1729314] Fri, 15 April 2016 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tardif Clément is currently offline Tardif ClémentFriend
Thank you for your answer. The example given have a bridge to manage the discovery. In my binding, I don't use a bridge to realize the discovery. I tried to add two different file in the OSGI-INF repertory but it only add in the paper UI one dicovery service.
Re: Issue to implement a discovery service [message #1730098 is a reply to message #1729537] Thu, 21 April 2016 11:10 Go to previous message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
If both discovery services register for the same binding id, the Paper UI does not show them individually, but it will trigger both of them if you run a discovery for your binding.
Previous Topic:Understand Philips Hue Binding
Next Topic:option list for a parameter doe not show values
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:55:24 GMT 2024