Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » [neon] Code completion broken with SDK M6_1
[neon] Code completion broken with SDK M6_1 [message #1729218] Tue, 12 April 2016 09:11 Go to next message
Urs Beeli is currently offline Urs BeeliFriend
I started migrating our projects with the "M5 Eclipse with Scout" provided on the download page. Then, when M6 became available I upgraded the SDK to the M6_1 version.

Ever since then, whenever I first type code that would normally show the code completion/recommender window, I get the following error message:
index.php/fa/25645/0/

Once for "Template Proposals" and once for "SWT Template Proposals". Disabling them in the preferences (as suggested in the second part of the error message) does not help.

After the error messages code completion stops working altogether.

This didn't happen when the M5 SDK was installed but since installing the M6 SDK I've been consistently getting this error. I only updated the Scout SDK (so all the other parts of the eclipse installation are still at Scout Neon level). Could this be the reason for this error?

Is anyone else seing this? Should I redownload the whole "Eclipse with Scout" package for M6? Or should the mixed-installation work?
  • Attachment: error.png
    (Size: 33.40KB, Downloaded 1004 times)
Re: [neon] Code completion broken with SDK M6_1 [message #1729323 is a reply to message #1729218] Wed, 13 April 2016 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Please try it with a fresh downdoald from Eclipse M6 and not with an update. Quoting David M Williams (one of the release eengenieer of Eclipse IDE):

Quote:
Speaking of update, you can not update a pre-M6 EPP package to M6. You must download a fresh version.

Source: [cross-project-issues-dev] Neon M6 is (finally) available for download.
Re: [neon] Code completion broken with SDK M6_1 [message #1729369 is a reply to message #1729323] Wed, 13 April 2016 12:53 Go to previous message
Urs Beeli is currently offline Urs BeeliFriend
Thanks Jérémie, installing the M6 eclipse version from scratch seems to have solved the issue!
Previous Topic:SQL.selectInto(...) with IN clause and Grouping
Next Topic:[neon] DefaultOutlineTreeForm Migration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:44:48 GMT 2024