Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Importing Eclipse Kura to Eclipse IDE : Easy Way?
Importing Eclipse Kura to Eclipse IDE : Easy Way? [message #1728085] Wed, 30 March 2016 22:18 Go to next message
Amit Kumar Mondal is currently offline Amit Kumar MondalFriend

Hi,

I am wondering if I can find an easy way to import Eclipse Kura to my Eclipse IDE for contributing to the project. I have tried to import the project to Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers so that I can also work on the Web bundle too.

After I imported the project to my IDE, some of the projects are displayed as Java Projects but most of them ain't. I had to convert those projects to the faceted forms - Java Project and Plugin Project. It worked thereafter but it's a bit tedious.

I followed the Getting Started guide from https://wiki.eclipse.org/Kura/Getting_Started but I encountered lots of errors. I have created a few tickets in the forum as well.

It would really be great if anyone can suggest me an easy way for instance, Oomph Profile to import the Kura Project.

Thanks in advance,

Amit Kumar Mondal
Email: admin@amitinside.com

[Updated on: Wed, 30 March 2016 23:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Importing Eclipse Kura to Eclipse IDE : Easy Way? [message #1728199 is a reply to message #1728085] Thu, 31 March 2016 20:05 Go to previous message
Amit Kumar Mondal is currently offline Amit Kumar MondalFriend

Finally found a suitable way to create an eclipse installation profile for Kura contribution.

I have created an Yatta Profile, importing a specific branch from Kura that I want to work on. The Kura Yatta Profile automatically installs Eclipse Neon and all the necessary plugins for the Kura development environment. It reduces the manual installation procedures. Even though the installation procedure is enhanced with the help of Yatta Profile, the procedure to build Kura components and setting the provided target platform still need to be done.

Amit Kumar Mondal
Email: admin@amitinside.com
Previous Topic:Error in building Core Components
Next Topic:Build Failure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:43:52 GMT 2024