Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » OM2M » Error loading bundle activator
Error loading bundle activator [message #1725902] Tue, 08 March 2016 12:29 Go to next message
wiem amich is currently offline wiem amichFriend
After following the steps in the tutorial add your plugin, I typed in GSCL console ss, I found org.eclipse.om2m.sample.ipu in the console by 27 .
Although I created java activator class, Monitor, Mapper and controller as it is in the tutorial when I executed start 27 ,I find the error ' error loading bundle activator'
thank you to answer me.
Re: Error loading bundle activator [message #1726001 is a reply to message #1725902] Tue, 08 March 2016 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matej AA is currently offline Matej AAFriend
Did you correctly import all required plugins (MANIFEST.MF) - "Add plugin dependencies"? Any errors in list (red X)?

[Updated on: Tue, 08 March 2016 22:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Error loading bundle activator [message #1726048 is a reply to message #1726001] Wed, 09 March 2016 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Francois AissaouiFriend
Hi Wiem,

Try adding a "try catch" block for all Exceptions and print it in the start method of your plugin. When there is an error in the activator, the OSGi framework does not provide directly the stacktrace, you have to print it yourself (or look at the log file in the configuration folder).

And as Matej said, if there is a missing dependency it can create an error in the plugin.

Regards,
François
Re: Error loading bundle activator [message #1726165 is a reply to message #1726048] Thu, 10 March 2016 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiem amich is currently offline wiem amichFriend
Hello,

My goal is to manipulate phidgets by om2m interface, when I finished the tutorial add your plugin, I repeated it by replacing org.eclipse.om2m.sample.ipu by org.eclipse.om2m.ipu.phidgets and I added Activator.java classes Phidgets.java, PhidgetsMonitor.java, PhidgetsController.java which are in the file that mahdi ben alaya envoyed to me.
Then I connected my phidgets to my pc (temperatue sensor connected to phidgetsInter faceKit 8 / 8/8 ) .
In GSCL console by running start 25 I found those above
I want to know if the steps I followed were correct or not? otherwise how can I connect my phidgets to the platform om2m.

Thank you
  • Attachment: kjvhg.PNG
    (Size: 39.96KB, Downloaded 264 times)
Re: Error loading bundle activator [message #1727857 is a reply to message #1725902] Mon, 28 March 2016 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klemen Petrovcic is currently offline Klemen PetrovcicFriend
I have the same problem (the error mentioned in the title of this topic). I made step-by-step screenshots of the procedure, by following the tutorial (in the form of .mht files, viewable by browsers).

Could somebody take a look at where I made a mistake? I am also attaching a better picture of the dependencies tab of the plugin.
Re: Error loading bundle activator [message #1727992 is a reply to message #1727857] Wed, 30 March 2016 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahdi Ben Alaya is currently offline Mahdi Ben AlayaFriend
Dear Klemen,

I appreciate your detailed description.

First remark: could you please put your new ipe plugin inside the folder "org.eclipse.om2m" in your git repository and then update your" pom.xml" file accordingly. Now your ipe plugin is created only only under your Eclipse workspace. It is important to have all the source file in the same location in order to avoid absolute links in your dependency.

Second remark: I see that the "Activator" class of your ipe plugin is not in the main "org.eclipse.sample.ipe" package. It seems to be in a separate folder having a similar name probably generated automatically by Ecipse when you created this plugin. Could you please move the activator with the other 4 classes and delete completely this second repository. Do forget to update the "Activator" path in the "MANIFEST.MF" file of your ipe plugin.

Hope this can help
Mahdi
Re: Error loading bundle activator [message #1728194 is a reply to message #1727992] Thu, 31 March 2016 19:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klemen Petrovcic is currently offline Klemen PetrovcicFriend
Thank you for answering. The problem was the wrong location of the Activator class (after moving it to the src/main/java folder, to the other classes, things started working).
Re: Error loading bundle activator [message #1728195 is a reply to message #1728194] Thu, 31 March 2016 19:35 Go to previous message
Mahdi Ben Alaya is currently offline Mahdi Ben AlayaFriend
Happy it is working for you.
You are welcome.
Previous Topic:Communication between two machines
Next Topic:Questions regarding the CoAP, MQTT and Bluetooth IPU implementation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 13:25:33 GMT 2024