Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Mouse motion is too slow with a new build of Swing AUT
Mouse motion is too slow with a new build of Swing AUT [message #1724719] Thu, 25 February 2016 14:59 Go to next message
Moustafa Wahby is currently offline Moustafa WahbyFriend
I have been using Jubula with a Swing AUT for a couple of weeks to build a regression bucket of tests.
I have received a new build of the AUT to run this regression.
Minor changes happened to the objects, and I managed to adjust them smoothly.
But the problem is during execution, the mouse motion is very very slow.
When restoring the older build of the AUT, execution went fine.

I have created a new project and created a new sample test on this new AUT build, execution is still very slow.

So in conclusion, running any kind of test on the older build is fine.
But running anything on the new build is very slow.
Is there any feature to control the speed of the mouse motion during test execution.

I am using Jubula 8.2.0 Standalone provided by Bredex.

Any support what could be the problem, or what needs to be adjusted?
Many thanks.
Re: Mouse motion is too slow with a new build of Swing AUT [message #1725018 is a reply to message #1724719] Mon, 29 February 2016 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Moustafa,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. The short answer is that there is no way of speeding up the mouse movement. The long answer is that something has probably changed in the AUT that is causing a lot of information to be sent back and forth to Jubula - are many more components present (perhaps made invisible and not discarded)?
It might be worth speaking to the developers about the differences between the two versions.
If you can provide small demo applications of both versions, we can take a look.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Mouse motion is too slow with a new build of Swing AUT [message #1726882 is a reply to message #1725018] Thu, 17 March 2016 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

Thank you very much for your reply.
There is only one new button added in the interface.
I thought of a similar thing, may be some internal dramatic changes in the AUT objects happened.
So I have tried to create a totally new clean Jubula project to give it another try with a very simple scenario. (As if it is the first time to use Jubula with the AUT)
Still the same behavior with a very slow mouse motion.
I am wondering to know what could be the reason behind such behavior.

I can also notice another thing. I dont know it is a normal thing or not.
The technical names of the objects in the object map is something like:
javax.swing.JButton_1
javax.swing.JButton_2
javax.swing.JTextField_1
So it is not getting the internal technical names set by the developer in the AUT.
Is it a normal behavior? Could it be the reason behind the mouse motion problem?

Again, many thanks for all your support.
Moustafa
Re: Mouse motion is too slow with a new build of Swing AUT [message #1726938 is a reply to message #1726882] Thu, 17 March 2016 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Figured out the problem and resolved after sitting with the developer.
One of the fixes was the reason behind such behavior.
Some kind of a listener on a plot area was always checking for something.
It seems it was always trying to take the focus on a different object which impacted the execution behavior of Jubula.
Many thanks for your considerations, and thanks for the advice of sitting together with the developer Smile

Regards,
Moustafa
Re: Mouse motion is too slow with a new build of Swing AUT [message #1726954 is a reply to message #1726938] Thu, 17 March 2016 16:58 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Thanks for updating us Moustafa! I'm glad that chatting with the developer helped Smile
Previous Topic:Web Browser AUT Problem - Input Text and Replace Text Actions
Next Topic:Indeterministic RCP AUT started response
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:48:34 GMT 2024