Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Number of bundles : OSGI console vs Kura Web UI
Number of bundles : OSGI console vs Kura Web UI [message #1723289] Sat, 13 February 2016 16:02 Go to next message
Paolo Patierno is currently offline Paolo PatiernoFriend

Hi all,

following this tutorial (https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/kura-dev/msg00143.html) that should be in the official documentation IMHO, I noticed the following strange behavior :

usiing the "ls" command in the osgi console started with the start_kura_debug.sh script, I see a different number of bundles I can see the in the Kura Web UI that is the right one.

In the attached pictures you can see that from console it seems that the bundles are 34 but the right number is 69 from web ui (for example I'm able to start/stop hello example using 69 as ID).

Why ? Is it normal ?

Thanks,
Paolo.
Re: Number of bundles : OSGI console vs Kura Web UI [message #1723296 is a reply to message #1723289] Sat, 13 February 2016 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paolo Patierno is currently offline Paolo PatiernoFriend

Sorry ... wrong command in the console ... I have to use "lb" command to see all bundles.

However why "ss" ("ls") command returns few bundles than the "lb" command ?

[Updated on: Sat, 13 February 2016 17:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Number of bundles : OSGI console vs Kura Web UI [message #1723445 is a reply to message #1723296] Mon, 15 February 2016 17:51 Go to previous message
David Woodard is currently offline David WoodardFriend
Hello Paolo,

Yes, that information should be in the documentation. I have it as an action item.

Regarding OSGi commands, "ss" is used to show a "short summary" of OSGi bundles. This should show the same number of bundles as "lb". The "ls" command shows a summary of services, not bundles. For Kura, the "lb" or "ss" commands will likely show 67 bundles, while the "ls" command will likely show 34 services.

Thanks,
--Dave
Previous Topic:Raspbian Pi 2 + Kura for Dual wifi mode
Next Topic:Kura porting on different hardware
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:34:14 GMT 2024