Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Lyo » Bugzilla Consumer key/secret?(Can't locate Bugzilla key/secret)
Bugzilla Consumer key/secret? [message #1720935] Thu, 21 January 2016 23:25 Go to next message
Matt Stone is currently offline Matt StoneFriend
I'm trying to create a Bugzilla consumer but I cannot figure out how to generate a consumer key/secret. I see where I can view the pending and approved consumers but there's no UI for generating the key/secret. Maybe there's a remote OAuth call I can make but I've searched Google high and low to find a way to make a consumer key/secret request to a OAuth provider.

Maybe I'm assuming too much. Does the Lyo Bugzilla example actually support OAuth consumers? I see code that suggest it might. Is there an example out there that shows how to make a provider request for a consumer key/secret?

Please let me know what I'm missing.

Thanks!
Re: Bugzilla Consumer key/secret? [message #1721745 is a reply to message #1720935] Fri, 29 January 2016 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jim Ruehlin is currently offline Jim RuehlinFriend
Hi Matt,

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but it sounds like you want to create a permanent friendship relationship between your app and Bugz so you don't have to do 3-legged OAuth. You might be able to do that through the Bugz API (I only have a passing familiarity with the API), but you would still need to initially authenticate, i.e. 3-legged OAuth, before it would accept your key/secret to set up the permanent friend relationship.

I'm not an expert on OAuth, but I think the consumer key/secret is generated and added to Bugzilla before you try to authenticate with it. The way I've seen this work is that the key/secret is manually added to the app you want to access (making you a friend), and you pass the key/secret to the app (Bugz in this case) when you need to authenticate. If I'm not mistaken, this allows you to do 2-legged OAuth so you never need to do form-based authentication (via the UI).
Re: Bugzilla Consumer key/secret? [message #1722293 is a reply to message #1721745] Wed, 03 February 2016 19:54 Go to previous message
Matt Stone is currently offline Matt StoneFriend
JIm, Thank you for the reply. I'm using the Lyo Bugzilla OSLC Adapter. I'm trying to write an OSLC consumer to connect to it. The issue is, I do not have a consumer key/secret to pass to it during the OAuth dance. I'm accustom to tools like DOORS DWA and DNG which provide a UI for generating a consumer key/secret. I don't know what I need to do to get the Bugzilla OSLC Adapter to generate a key/secret. I see this code in the sample adapter's CredentialFilter class...

// For now, hard-code the consumers.
config.setConsumerStore(new FileSystemConsumerStore("bugzillaOAuthStore.xml"));

But I don't see a way to get and the adapter to generate a key/secret. Nor can I locate that XML file in order to add a key/secret manually.

Thanks!
Previous Topic:OslcClient Locale (Accept-Language)
Next Topic:Upload attachment to RTC using Lyo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:45:42 GMT 2024