|* FULFILLED * Senior Eclipse Platform Developer [message #1720165]
||Thu, 14 January 2016 20:34
| Paul White
Registered: January 2016
* THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE *|
The Eclipse Foundation has committed to using the funds donated through its Friends of Eclipse program to make significant and meaningful enhancements and improvements to the Eclipse IDE/Platform (the FEEP program). This is a long-term commitment that will involve both funding development efforts to be executed by members of the Eclipse community, as well as carrying out software engineering and development internally.
In support of this commitment, the Eclipse Foundation is seeking a senior Eclipse Platform developer to drive enhancements and improvements to the Eclipse IDE/Platform.
The successful candidate will:
- Carry out specific development tasks important to the ongoing quality of the Eclipse IDE/Platform, and the key download packages (i.e., our "products") that are dependent upon the Platform.
- Provide direct support and deep technical leadership to the Eclipse community members engaged in improving and enhancing the IDE/Platform.
- Work closely with key stakeholders in the community to identify and address specific areas that are important to all, but not necessarily being done by anyone within the community (the "commons").
- Provide technical leadership to the Eclipse FEEP committee in identifying priorities, determining which development efforts to pursue, and in estimating effort/dependencies/etc.
- Work closely with contractors engaged by Eclipse to carry out development tasks under the FEEP program.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight for Eclipse in driving changes to the Eclipse simultaneous release train.
- Work with other members of the Eclipse technical team and key stakeholders from the Eclipse ecosystem to best communicate and execute the Eclipse Platform vision.
While the Eclipse Foundation is based in Ottawa, ON, Canada, the successful candidate may be located anywhere. This position will require the candidate to travel on occasion, but not extensively.
Job Skills and Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of experience building and releasing Java-based software.
- Expert knowledge and experience with the Eclipse Platform architecture, and Eclipse Plug-in development;
- Expert knowledge and experience with Java-centric build tools (Maven, Ant);
- Expert knowledge and experience with continuous integration tools (Hudson, Jenkins);
- Experience using Git;
- Familiarity with Java development practices, troubleshooting and bug reporting;
- Familiarity with testing/automated testing tools (e.g. JUnit);
- Familiarity with Gerrit, and Tycho are considered assets;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Demonstrable experience in leading and/or managing projects; and
- Ability to work unsupervised.
Work and Educational Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- Minimum five years' software engineering experience;
- Experience in working on the Eclipse IDE/Platform and other Eclipse open source projects, familiarity with the Eclipse Development Process, and prior experience engaging with the Eclipse committer community are definite assets;
- Existing committers on the relevant projects are preferred but not mandatory.
Eclipse is a community for individuals and organizations who wish to collaborate on commercially-friendly open source software. The Eclipse Foundation is a not-for-profit, member supported corporation that hosts the Eclipse projects and helps cultivate both an open source community and an ecosystem of complementary products and services.
Please send your C.V. to email@example.com, with the subject "Senior Eclipse Platform Developer". We look forward to hearing from you!
[Updated on: Wed, 24 February 2016 15:18] by Moderator
Report message to a moderator
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01941 seconds