Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » How to filter items(New automation rule engine question)
How to filter items [message #1718514] Fri, 25 December 2015 18:36 Go to next message
Smart Home is currently offline Smart HomeFriend
I have an action which post events to items based on some inputs. I want to be able to filter items based on a group. Meaning, only items within a selected group will get the event.

I see two options to handle this case but I don't like them both :-):

1. Add a condition that will set the name of the group in an output value. The action will use this value to filter the items before sending the message.
2. Add input parameter to action. The user will specify the group name when he selects the item.

I think the condition is the right way to go but the issue is that it comes before the action.

Is there a better way to handle this case?
Re: How to filter items [message #1719972 is a reply to message #1718514] Wed, 13 January 2016 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
Hm, I probably do not understand your question. I would simply send the command to the item group and all is fine. No?
Re: How to filter items [message #1719986 is a reply to message #1719972] Wed, 13 January 2016 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smart Home is currently offline Smart HomeFriend
I am not sure that the functionality I want exists in the ESH ...

I don't want to send command to an item via the group, I want to send a command to item if the item exits in the group.

Re: How to filter items [message #1720055 is a reply to message #1719986] Thu, 14 January 2016 07:30 Go to previous message
Yordan Mihaylov is currently offline Yordan MihaylovFriend
1) I don't understand your logic. If an Item is not part of a group, it will not receive the command which was sent to the group.
2) If you have a dynamic group of items you can create a special action type which gets the items selected by some special criteria and send event to them.
Previous Topic:UI questions
Next Topic:Update thing status when bridge becomes online / offline
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:48:11 GMT 2024