Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Customizing Eclipse Dark Theme on Mars(it seems impossible to me, every time i restart Eclipse it restores defaults)
icon9.gif  Customizing Eclipse Dark Theme on Mars [message #1718010] Fri, 18 December 2015 14:23 Go to next message
Marco Garufi is currently offline Marco GarufiFriend
Hello, has anybody tried to customize the Dark Theme?
I have been trying for 2 days now, with no results.
When i customize the syntax coloring of the Java editor and apply the settings everything seems ok, but if I reload the workspace or I close and reopen eclipse it just seems to restore the default syntax coloring.
I tried on a fresh workspace, same behavior.
I tried on another computer with the same version of eclipse, same behavior.
I also tried with the Color Theme Plugin, same behavior.
On the Classic theme everything is working; the dark theme customization just seems broken to me...
Version is Mars 1 (4.5.1).

Thank You
Re: Customizing Eclipse Dark Theme on Mars [message #1720567 is a reply to message #1718010] Tue, 19 January 2016 11:24 Go to previous message
Nemanja Bjelica is currently offline Nemanja BjelicaFriend
I'm using Mars 4.5.0 and I have also noticed some strange behavior when trying to set Dark Theme, but I've managed to do it.
Also, I'm using the Color Theme Plugin.
FIRST, try to set Eclipse Dark Theme in Window->Preference->Appearance and choose Dark Theme, select OK.
And after that, select Window->Preference->Appearance->Color Theme choose one and select Apply.
Only in that exact order I've managed to set Dark theme, and everything works correctly.
Previous Topic:history of a deleted resource
Next Topic:Plugin "out of sync"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:02:12 GMT 2024