Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EPP » eclipse.exe and data usage?(excessive data collection)
eclipse.exe and data usage? [message #1711131] Tue, 13 October 2015 11:10 Go to next message
john cummings is currently offline john cummingsFriend
hi,

i've noticed that eclipse.exe is uploading/downloading a lot of data on a daily basis. yesterday was 73 meg up and 15 meg down. i have data usage reporting shutoff. i'm running the juno version of eclipse.

we use verizon for internet and have a 10G monthly limit, so 2G for eclipse is unacceptable.

is this normal? any suggestions welcome.

john
Re: eclipse.exe and data usage? [message #1713916 is a reply to message #1711131] Sun, 08 November 2015 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcel Bruch is currently offline Marcel BruchFriend

I don't know if Eclipse Juno (4.2) ships the usage data collector (UDC). But even if so, you would have to enable it explicitly. It wouldn't send anything in the background. And it would not download anything - just upload.

I guess, you have to look for some other reason, setting or plugin (than the UDC) that creates the traffic you mention.

[Updated on: Sun, 08 November 2015 14:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: eclipse.exe and data usage? [message #1713923 is a reply to message #1711131] Sun, 08 November 2015 14:54 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
On 10/13/2015 9:06 AM, john cummings wrote:
> hi,
>
> i've noticed that eclipse.exe is uploading/downloading a lot of data on a daily basis. yesterday was 73 meg up and 15 meg down. i have data usage reporting shutoff. i'm running the juno version of
> eclipse.
>
> we use verizon for internet and have a 10G monthly limit, so 2G for eclipse is unacceptable.
>
> is this normal? any suggestions welcome.
>
> john

Use wireshark and try and figure where the packets are going. might help you figure out what plugin(s) are causing the issue.

Also, make sure you turn OFF automatic check for updates. it might be waking up and doing a bunch of checks daily.
Previous Topic:[aeri] [ann] Problem Dashboards per Project
Next Topic:[aeri] System Maintenance from 21-22 November
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:49:14 GMT 2024