Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » install ftp in eclipse mars php(install ftp in eclipse mars php)
install ftp in eclipse mars php [message #1710842] Fri, 09 October 2015 15:57 Go to next message
xavier poveda is currently offline xavier povedaFriend
Hi,

I like modify my source code with eclipse and ftp access to my site.

Is possible with the latest version "eclipse mars for php".

Thanks so much!!

Xavier.
Re: install ftp in eclipse mars php [message #1711103 is a reply to message #1710842] Tue, 13 October 2015 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dwarak besant is currently offline dwarak besantFriend
Install Aptana plugin to your Eclipse installation.

It has built-in FTP support, and it works excellently.

You can:
Edit files directly from the FTP server
Perform file/folder management (copy, delete, move, rename, etc.)
Upload/download files to/from FTP server
Synchronize local files with FTP server. You can make several profiles (actually projects) for this so you won't have to reinput over and over again.
As a matter of fact the FTP support is so good I'm using Aptana (or Eclipse + Aptana) now for all my FTP needs. Plus I get syntax highlighting/whatever coding support there is. Granted, Eclipse is not the speediest app to launch, but it doesn't bug me so much.
Re: install ftp in eclipse mars php [message #1717514 is a reply to message #1711103] Mon, 14 December 2015 14:06 Go to previous message
Ilya Glazkov is currently offline Ilya GlazkovFriend
I not allowed to post links Sad
From stackoverflow.com, stackoverflow . com/questions/4216822/work-on-a-remote-project-with-eclipse-via-ssh:

Try the tmober.blogspot . com/2006/11/remote-system-explorer-10-is-released.html | Remote System Explorer (RSE). It's a set of plug-ins to do exactly what you want.

RSE may already be included in your current Eclipse installation. To check in Eclipse Indigo go to Window > Open Perspective > Other... and choose Remote System Explorer from the Open Perspective dialog to open the RSE perspective.

To create an SSH remote project from the RSE perspective in Eclipse:

1. Define a new connection and choose SSH Only from the Select Remote System Type screen in the New Connection dialog.
  2. Enter the connection information then choose Finish.
  3. Connect to the new host. (Assumes SSH keys are already setup.)
  4. Once connected, drill down into the host's Sftp Files, choose a folder and select Create Remote Project from the item's context menu. (Wait as the remote project is created.)
  5. If done correctly, there should now be a new remote project accessible from the Project Explorer and other perspectives within eclipse. With the SSH connection set-up correctly passwords can be made an optional part of the normal SSH authentication process. A remote project with Eclipse via SSH is now created.

Previous Topic:Eclipse Linux version delete code formatting php
Next Topic:XDEBUG still doesn't work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:01:44 GMT 2024