Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Lyo » MessageBodyReader implementation was not found for class ServiceProviderCatalog type
MessageBodyReader implementation was not found for class ServiceProviderCatalog type [message #1706922] Mon, 31 August 2015 21:19 Go to next message
Geoff Alexander is currently offline Geoff AlexanderFriend
I'm trying to run the RTCFormSample from Lyo/BuildClient. When I run RTCFormSample I get the following exception:

Aug 31, 2015 5:12:34 PM org.eclipse.lyo.client.oslc.samples.RTCFormSample main
SEVERE: A javax.ws.rs.ext.MessageBodyReader implementation was not found for class org.eclipse.lyo.oslc4j.core.model.ServiceProviderCatalog type and text/html;charset=UTF-8 media type.  Verify that all entity providers are correctly registered.  Add a custom javax.ws.rs.ext.MessageBodyReader provider to handle the type and media type if a JAX-RS entity provider does not currently exist.
java.lang.RuntimeException: A javax.ws.rs.ext.MessageBodyReader implementation was not found for class org.eclipse.lyo.oslc4j.core.model.ServiceProviderCatalog type and text/html;charset=UTF-8 media type.  Verify that all entity providers are correctly registered.  Add a custom javax.ws.rs.ext.MessageBodyReader provider to handle the type and media type if a JAX-RS entity provider does not currently exist.
	at org.apache.wink.client.internal.handlers.ClientResponseImpl.readEntity(ClientResponseImpl.java:122)
	at org.apache.wink.client.internal.handlers.ClientResponseImpl.getEntity(ClientResponseImpl.java:65)
	at org.apache.wink.client.internal.handlers.ClientResponseImpl.getEntity(ClientResponseImpl.java:52)
	at org.eclipse.lyo.client.oslc.OslcClient.lookupServiceProviderUrl(OslcClient.java:470)
	at org.eclipse.lyo.client.oslc.samples.RTCFormSample.main(RTCFormSample.java:124)

Can anyone suggest what might be causing this error and what I need to do to fix it?
Re: MessageBodyReader implementation was not found for class ServiceProviderCatalog type [message #1706924 is a reply to message #1706922] Mon, 31 August 2015 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I changed the the URL I specified to RTCFormSample from https://localhost:9443/ccm to https://<fully-qualified-hostname>:9443/ccm where <fully-qualified-hostname> is the fully-qualified host name of localhost. RTCFormSample now runs. This is interesting as https://localhost:9443/ccm works fine in a web browser such as FireFox.
Re: MessageBodyReader implementation was not found for class ServiceProviderCatalog type [message #1708055 is a reply to message #1706924] Fri, 11 September 2015 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've hit the MessageBodyReader implementation was not found for class ServiceProviderCatalog type error again - this time to another RTC server, which I specified via a fully-qualified host name. So, I really need to understand the cause of this error and how to fix it.
Re: MessageBodyReader implementation was not found for class ServiceProviderCatalog type [message #1708075 is a reply to message #1708055] Sat, 12 September 2015 08:39 Go to previous message
It turns out my latest MessageBodyReader implementation was not found for class ServiceProviderCatalog type error was caused by me not including javax.servlet_3.0.0.v201112011016.jar (or javax.servlet_2.5.0.v201103041518.jar) on the runtime CLASSPATH.

Previously, I was trying to minimize the number of JAR files on my runtime CLASSPATH. However, I'm now thinking that this isn't the proper approach. Rather, in order to prevent similar problems, I've decided to include all of the JAR files in the dist and lib directories from the Lyo 2.1 download on my runtime CLASSPATH
Previous Topic:OSLC Automation without Maven build- Class Hierarchy inconsistent
Next Topic:DOORSOauthSample [DWA 9.5.2]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:59:31 GMT 2024