Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » How to format series labels of a BIRT chart by script
How to format series labels of a BIRT chart by script [message #1701592] Tue, 14 July 2015 10:46 Go to next message
donino donino is currently offline donino doninoFriend
Hi,

I have a chart report displaying indicator values over time. This indicator is a report parameter and can represent either a percent (%) or a currency ($) value.

Here is an example with a percent type:

index.php/fa/22495/0/

Now i need to change the format number of datapoint labels depending on the type of the selected indicator. In BIRT designer i defined percent format by default:

index.php/fa/22496/0/

The indicator type is extracted from a dataset and stored in a persistent global var, so that it can be accessed in chart scripts.

In a data field of a crosstab the format could be changed in "onCreate" event with something like:

this.getStyle().numberFormat="$ #,###";

But in chart scripts i can't find out a way to change the format number dynamically. Any suggestion will be appreciated!
Re: How to format series labels of a BIRT chart by script [message #1704041 is a reply to message #1701592] Thu, 06 August 2015 20:41 Go to previous message
Jesse Freeman is currently offline Jesse FreemanFriend
I believe you had this question answered on the BIRT Developer Center already.

Adding a link here for historical reference: http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/36939-how-to-format-series-labels-of-a-chart-by-script/
Previous Topic:Migrating Cognos Reports to Birt
Next Topic:Export BIRT reports to PDF, Excel or Word is not working properly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 11:28:19 GMT 2024