Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Working Groups » Science WG » Triquetrum Meeting Notes 20150618(Notes from the Triquetrum Planning Meeting)
Triquetrum Meeting Notes 20150618 [message #1698915] Thu, 18 June 2015 17:48
Jay Billings is currently offline Jay BillingsFriend
Messages: 54
Registered: July 2011
Member
Science Working Group Triquetrum Meeting - 20150618

Attendees: Jay Jay Billings (ORNL), Christopher Brooks (Berkeley), Erwin de Ley (iSencia), Ernest "Foss" Friedman-Hill (SNL), Matt Gerring (DIAMOND Light Source), Marcus Gibson (SNL), Ed Hoffman (SNL)

Forum Links:

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1067311/
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1067314/

Overview by Erwin:

Desire to move parts of Passerelle to an Eclipse project (Triquetrum) and to build OSGi-based components and an RCP editor. Inspired to make the leap when Google announced the retirement of Google Code.

At least for a couple of months there will be two code bases, Passerelle and Triquetrum. Triquetrum will be a restart from a new code code base.

Chris: Ptolemy has a pretty small core. Its UI needs massive updates. Ideally the Ptolemy Core can be reused. Possibly some issues associated with copyright assignments in the current Ptolemy code base.

Discussion on "Three Lines" of Development:


Ptolemy-style RCP editor - Biggest effort for initial contribution. Zest and Graphiti are good candidates for drawing the graphs and Erwin will catch up with Alex McCaskey from the ICE team for some pointers on this.
Service layer
Support services

Jay recommends the Parallel IP process and Github. He also offered to submit the CQs for the dependencies through the ICE project to accelerate the time in which they are approved.

Jay needs to look at the proposal.

Everyone should look at the forum (links above).

Foss will send along the list of requirements from SNL to the Science mailing list.

Next call on 20150702 at 17:15 GMT.


Jay Jay Billings
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Twitter: @jayjaybillings

[Updated on: Thu, 18 June 2015 18:03]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Scientific libraries we need
Next Topic:Triquetrum project proposal
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Sep 23 20:19:22 GMT 2018

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02306 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top