Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse on 4k / HDPI screens(Temp solution for Eclipse scaling issue on 4K Windows)
Eclipse on 4k / HDPI screens [message #1698338] Sun, 14 June 2015 13:35 Go to next message
Timothy Talbot is currently offline Timothy TalbotFriend
Well, I have a solution, wrote a wonderful post and the forum won't let me post it. So, in anger, I'm posting this instead and direct you to dan antonielli dot com where I found the solution.
Re: Eclipse on 4k / HDPI screens [message #1698350 is a reply to message #1698338] Sun, 14 June 2015 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

The forum has moderation for new users. Posts are neither automatically ignored nor deleted.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Sun, 14 June 2015 19:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse on 4k / HDPI screens [message #1698448 is a reply to message #1698350] Mon, 15 June 2015 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
If you tried to include a link to an external site (not under eclipse.org), doing so is prohibited until you have enough messages to establish yourself as not a spammer.
If you post the link using hxxp:// instead of http:// then most readers will understand; and the moderators sometimes will fix such links if they determine it's not spam-related.

Thank the scumbag spammers for this necessary filtering to keep them out of these forums.
Re: Eclipse on 4k / HDPI screens [message #1723467 is a reply to message #1698338] Mon, 15 February 2016 20:26 Go to previous message
Charbel Gereige is currently offline Charbel GereigeFriend
Essentially the link that is described above gives the following instructions:
1- go to windows registry (regedit) to this location:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\
2- create an entry called PreferExternalManifest of type DWORD and set the value to 1

3- then create a file called eclipse.exe.manifest, (or download the one in the reply above) in the same directory of eclipse.exe
Previous Topic:Java EE Development...HELP
Next Topic:a bug in eclipse from builder
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:07:11 GMT 2024