Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » How to theme some parts of editor?(Set colour on highlights, scroll bars, folding bar, etc)
How to theme some parts of editor? [message #1698009] Wed, 10 June 2015 10:17 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi Folks

I applied the "dark" theme to CDT on windows (actually TI code composer studio) from Preferences > Appearance.

This changed the text colouring and most of the eclipse chrome, but not some of the text editor element colouring.

1. The range indicator is still a bright blue
  2. The code folding gutter bar returns to the default light grey on every restart
  3. The scroll bars are still the default light grey
  4. The variable highlighting is still white (i.e. when I place the cursor on the "qFormat" parameter in the image, all occurrences of that variable are highlighted)
  5. If I open and then close the preferences window, a lot of the syntax colouring is replaced to white until reapply the theme, then the same parts turn black until I scroll up and down a bit.

Can I manually set some/all of these in the preferences items? (I'm not even sure what most of them are properly named?) .

Also, in any window that shows a tree-view (Project Explorer, Include Browser, etc), the "expand" arrows are now nearly invisible and also have little white bits, like they have no alpha channel. Is it possible to change the colour of these? Or switch to using the "+" & "-" style buttons?

Many thanks!

P.S. It would also be pretty cool if it was possible to have the overview bar (that's the annotation marker bar on the right, right?) be to the left of the right-hand scroll bar, so that the scroll bar is the right-most thing in the editor window. Is that also possible?

index.php/fa/22197/0/
  • Attachment: 1.png
    (Size: 164.28KB, Downloaded 12195 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 17 June 2015 09:17] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to theme some parts of editor? [message #1698138 is a reply to message #1698009] Thu, 11 June 2015 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Also, how to change things like the colours of the grid lines and grid column headers in windows such as the problems view?

Also how to change the text colour in the console (black on dark grey doesn't really work to well)?

Thanks

index.php/fa/22145/0/
  • Attachment: 1.png
    (Size: 29.28KB, Downloaded 11526 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 11 June 2015 14:37] by Moderator

Re: How to theme some parts of editor? [message #1698263 is a reply to message #1698138] Fri, 12 June 2015 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klaus km is currently offline Klaus kmFriend
Hello,

you could try the upcoming Eclipse Mars (4.5RC4) - some (but not all) "glitches" are fixed.
http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/

Parts of the theme are controlled by the OS, for example, for dark scroll bars you must select a dark theme in Windows!

Oh, and if you need other fixes you could spend some money, this could help:
http://kaloyanraev.blogspot.de/2015/04/150-bug-bounty-for-fixing-dark-theme.html

Re: How to theme some parts of editor? [message #1698392 is a reply to message #1698263] Mon, 15 June 2015 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hello Klaus,
Great to hear these things are being worked on! And thanks for the info
I see that bug you link to has already had a fix added for v4.4 M7, so hopefully the next release of TI's Code Composer Studio will include this

Just to note also, that I would have liked to contribute rather than just asking, but as a low-level C dev, Java is like a foreign land to me and with a Java project as big as Eclipse I have no clue where to even start looking Surprised so, much props to the people that do fix such things!
Re: How to theme some parts of editor? [message #1698418 is a reply to message #1698392] Mon, 15 June 2015 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
I thought about the scroll bar situation for a little while and realised that it cant be entirely down to the OS as other programs (e.g. Google Chrome) style the scroll bars.
After some research I found there are a couple of bug reports on this, one of which even has a solution but no commit as far as I can tell Sad
bug 430278 and bug 455526
It would be cool if folks reading this could go vote on either or both of the reports!
Re: How to theme some parts of editor? [message #1698683 is a reply to message #1698418] Wed, 17 June 2015 09:08 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
I was able to solve some of the highlighting issues by going to Window > Preferences > General > Editors > Text Editors > Annotations and setting the colours for C/C++ Occurences, C/C++ Write Occurences and Search Results.
Strangely this does not affect the same highlighting within the search window itself...

Also, the Inactive Code Highlight item under Window > Preferences > C/C++ > Editor was useful to change.

[Updated on: Wed, 17 June 2015 09:14] by Moderator

Previous Topic:Why are the C++ perspective and new project options not available in Eclipse?
Next Topic:Add some parts of CDT as dependency
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:27:56 GMT 2024