Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Need Pre-/Post-Build Steps option for GNU Autotools Toolchain project
Need Pre-/Post-Build Steps option for GNU Autotools Toolchain project [message #1696353] Tue, 26 May 2015 01:20
William Tan is currently offline William TanFriend
Hi, all.

My project is using GNU make under DOS prompt environment (Windows 7) and only use Eclipse (Luna with CDT plug-in installed) recently.

Because of using GNU toolset, thus I created a New project with Makefile project option + GNU Autotools Toolchain. Finally, i managed to setup the C/C++ Build Setting and successfully have the project built.

Due to project needs, i need to perform pre-build and post-build command.

I searched on the web and found this
http://help.eclipse.org/luna/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.cdt.doc.user%2Freference%2Fcdt_u_prop_build_settings_steps.htm

Now the problem is, i don't know why my project property,C/C++ Build, Setting, it has only 2 tabs, Binary Parser and Error Parser..., instead of Tool Setting, Build Steps, Build Artifact, Binary Parser and Error Parser (show in the link).

Anyone can help/guide me on how to configure/setup or installed something (plug-in maybe) that I can enable the "Build Steps" that i can add some commands for Pre-/Post-build steps???

Thank you and regards,
William

Previous Topic:How to correct Eclipse Global Project Properties?
Next Topic:language.settings.xml in the git repositry?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 00:10:05 GMT 2024