Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Eclipse Plug-ins for Remote Debugging
Eclipse Plug-ins for Remote Debugging [message #1696318] Mon, 25 May 2015 15:01 Go to next message
Lou Arnold is currently offline Lou ArnoldFriend
Are there plug-ins for remote automatic debugging for ARM processors? If so, can you give the names of some that you have had good experiences with?

Background:
I have a Raspberry Pi that wanted to write code for. I set up Eclipse Luna on a CentOS 7 system and the ARM tool chain for that processor, ran a test program via ssh but the debugging was purely manual and seemed rather unwieldy. Automatic debugging was never described in the tutorial ( http://hertaville.com/2013/01/11/remote-debugging/). It would help to know if there is a faster way.

regards,
Lou.
Re: Eclipse Plug-ins for Remote Debugging [message #1696674 is a reply to message #1696318] Wed, 27 May 2015 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Khouzam is currently offline Marc KhouzamFriend
As long as gdbserver can run on your target, then CDT can do remote debugging towards it.
You can either have CDT automatically start gdbserver for you using ssh, or you could start it yourself and tell CDT to connect to it.
You can find info on remote debugging here:
https://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ#How_do_I_debug_a_remote_application.3F

Marc
Re: Eclipse Plug-ins for Remote Debugging [message #1696978 is a reply to message #1696674] Fri, 29 May 2015 23:41 Go to previous message
Lou Arnold is currently offline Lou ArnoldFriend
I have run the debugger in the Pi, manually. Haven't tried automatically, but set up must be similar. The info in the link is complicated. I went half way through, had to quit for an errand and the tabs and the info they asked for seemed to change; was no longer as in the link.

I had not planned to use multiprocess debugging, so its not an issue.
But this is distinctly different from the other tutorial at "Remote Debugging of Raspberry Pi Applications From Eclipse".

Previous Topic:STM32 .cpp ok, .h= make error?
Next Topic:Need Multiple version of GCC in Eclipse IDE - C/C++ Helios
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:14:00 GMT 2024