Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Eclipse error: Java heap space
Eclipse error: Java heap space [message #1695484] Fri, 15 May 2015 08:17 Go to next message
Boris Garkoun is currently offline Boris GarkounFriend
Hello.

I'm using eclipse-php-luna-SR2-win32-x86_64 at Windows 7 x64.
I added my joomla project to a workspace with Java script validation(or something like this may be javascript support), When I'm traing to Run my web aplication or trying to save edited php file Building workspace window arise. Then program thinks a great period of time and hanging while investigating the "js" subfolder of my joomla template folder. Then this error window finaly appears:
index.php/fa/21828/0/

After closing this windows Eclipse suggest me to cloce workbench at all.
Is "Building workspace" a necessary step for working in Eclipse or may be it's possible and normal to switch it off somewhere in settings?

The second try to save my php file arised me another error window:index.php/fa/21829/0/

Please help me to make my joomla project work fine and quickly without this error

[Updated on: Fri, 15 May 2015 08:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse error: Java heap space [message #1695538 is a reply to message #1695484] Fri, 15 May 2015 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michal Niewrzal is currently offline Michal NiewrzalFriend
Hi,
Is this situation constant? Eclipse is crashing always when you are doing what you described? Can you also attache log files from <workspace>/.metadata/ directory?
Re: Eclipse error: Java heap space [message #1695543 is a reply to message #1695538] Sat, 16 May 2015 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Boris Garkoun is currently offline Boris GarkounFriend
Hello.

I've tried to run my Joomla project again, but i recieved "GC overhead limit exceeded" message agein. Here is my log file
  • Attachment: .log
    (Size: 123.02KB, Downloaded 292 times)
Re: Eclipse error: Java heap space [message #1695550 is a reply to message #1695543] Sat, 16 May 2015 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michal Niewrzal is currently offline Michal NiewrzalFriend
I created issue for Java Script project (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=467440). Let's hope they will help with your case.
icon4.gif  Re: Eclipse error: Java heap space [message #1696155 is a reply to message #1695543] Fri, 22 May 2015 12:41 Go to previous message
Victor Rubezhny is currently offline Victor RubezhnyFriend
Boris Garkoun wrote on Sat, 16 May 2015 02:19
Hello.

I've tried to run my Joomla project again, but i recieved "GC overhead limit exceeded" message agein. Here is my log file

Boris,

few questions to you:

- Are you upgraded your Eclipse and WTP to be at least Luna SR2 and then
installed JSDT Feature patch for WTP SR2 from the repository:
http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/repository/luna/ ?
If not, please do it. Installing the JSDT Feature Patch is a must.
See: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=433515 and https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=461160 on JSDT Feature Patch.

- Do you have the same problem after such an update?

- Could you please share your Eclipse's memory settings (see eclipse.ini configuration file)?

- If that javascript code is not a private part of your project and can be shared , could you please share it here (as zipped attachment)? If you can't share it, please, give a short description on JavaScript part, like number of files and total size of JavaScript files.

Thanks in advance.
Previous Topic:Upgraded to Kepler: content assist no more available
Next Topic:import a netbeans php project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 17:54:45 GMT 2024