Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Unable to load com.ibm.icu plugin on startup(Intermittent issues when starting Eclipse based product)
Unable to load com.ibm.icu plugin on startup [message #1695451] Thu, 14 May 2015 18:28
Roy Stoliday is currently offline Roy StolidayFriend
We have recently moved to 4.4.2 (Luna) from 4.3 for our Eclipse based product.
We are now getting intermittent failures to load the com.ibm.icu plugin when starting the product.

This results in an error dialog, which suggests reading a log in the configuration area.

I have modified the product and added the equinox.event plugin as recommended by the Eclipse IDE.

<plugin id="org.eclipse.equinox.event" autoStart="true" startLevel="2" />

I have also ensured that the compatibility plugin is present and included in bundles.info in the simple configurator.

org.eclipse.osgi.compatibility.state,1.0.1.v20140709-1414,plugins/org.eclipse.osgi.compatibility.state_1.0.1.v20140709-1414.jar,4,false

I've noticed that sometimes Eclipse appears to be able to recover from the error. If I watch the configuration area in Windows Explorer, the log will appear when you reach the dialog that allows you to switch workspaces. Then, you click ok, and the dialog disappears.

Other times, you simply never get the chance to adjust your workspace and the dialog appears.

Can anyone shed any light on this? It appears to be some sort of bundle loading issue. It happens approx 1 in every 8 starts. Looks ugly for the customer.
Previous Topic:osgi.framework.extensions does not work with WebStart
Next Topic: force to equinox for load the bigger version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:44:26 GMT 2024