Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Integrate maven jsp/webapp project with eclipse(Integrate maven jsp/webapp project with eclipse)
Integrate maven jsp/webapp project with eclipse [message #1694217] Sat, 02 May 2015 11:24
rop Mising name is currently offline rop Mising nameFriend
What is the current approach to integrate a maven webapp project with eclipse to get context-sensitive java-code support in jsp-files?

In eclipse-luna, I can use the maven wizard with maven-archetype-webapp, to create the project, and it works OK.

But, if I then check in the maven project with pom.xml (but without .settings, .project files) in version-control,
then somebody else checks it out and imports it as Maven => "existing maven project" into eclipse,
it does not recognize java-snippets <% ... %> in the jsp-files as java-code, but just treats it like plain text.

I found instead you can do:

maven eclipse:eclipse -Dwtpversion=2.0

and import as "Existing eclipse project", which seems to work, but I get the impression this is quite out-dated approach today (only supports wtp up to version 2.0).

Therefore, what is the right way to get this working properly both in maven and in eclipse?

[Updated on: Sat, 02 May 2015 21:08]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Adding HTML/JS support to selfmade editor
Next Topic:Web Service Client
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:37:37 GMT 2024