Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Trouble building master branch from source(Two hours into build and receive mojo error)
icon5.gif  Trouble building master branch from source [message #1693549] Sat, 25 April 2015 00:10
Jess Williams is currently offline Jess WilliamsFriend
I am trying to build Eclipse4 from source as I have an Embedded Arm system running Ubuntu Linux 14.04. I have Eclipse 3.8 installed through the Ubuntu Software Installer. However this version does not offer all the plugins I desire. Furthermore it also freezes often forcing a reboot of eclipse, losing all my unsaved work in the process.
My other option is to compile a newer version from source.

My System is:
NVIDIA Jeston TK1
CPU - 2.32GHz ARM quad-core Cortex-A15
MEM - 2GB DDR3L 933MHz EMC x16
Kernel - Linux tegra-ubuntu 3.10.40-gc017b03 #1 SMP armv7l GNU/Linux
java.version=1.8.0_33
Apache Maven 3.2.5

I have tried the following after receiving heap memory errors and it seems to do fine for two hours build and then reaches and error org.eclipse.tycho.surefire.osgibooter.uitest. I believe that there is a problem with my Java libraries because the log indicates no class found exceptions. I am leaning towards conflicting maven installs as the problem.

git clone -b master --recursive \
git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/platform/eclipse.platform.releng.aggregator.git
cd eclipse.platform.releng.aggregator
export MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m"
mvn clean verify -e -X

I am hoping that someone has ran into this problem and might be able to help guide me closer to a fix. Scrolling through thousands of lines of code is quite daunting and I am a novice to Eclipse. I really like Eclipses user interface and code assist amongst many other features. I have been dealing with the buggy version I have for now. I am surprised there has not been any updated pre-compiled versions for ARM, so I have no choice but try to build one myself. Attached is the error log. Thank you in advance for any kind of reply.
Previous Topic:Resetting perspective duplicates actions in Breakpoints view
Next Topic:LightweightLabelDecorator: how can I decorate a custom tree (eg. based on some TreeNode)?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:00:56 GMT 2024