Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Symbol compartment not visible for some elements(Symbol compartment)
Symbol compartment not visible for some elements [message #1693189] Wed, 22 April 2015 10:25 Go to next message
Patrik Jonsson is currently offline Patrik JonssonFriend
Hi

I am creating a model consisting of stereotyped classifiers based on constructs such as Classes, Components, Interfaces, Activities and Nodes. For each of these I have defined a stereotype shape in .svg format in the profile.

However, when I try to display the shape it is only visible for Classes and Components in Class diagrams. I cannot show it for Components in component diagrams, and I cannot show it for Activities, Nodes and Interfaces in Class diagrams.

I have tried to show the Symbol compartment both using .css and in the Show/Hide Compartments dialog in the diagram. It shows as checked but does not show up in the diagram.

Furthermore, when I add certain classifiers, such as Classes, to a different kind of diagram, such as a component diagram it gets a white rectangle shape without compartments. Is this intentional?

I am using Eclipse Mars M6 and Papyurus 1.1.0 M6.

Any advice?

Patrik
Re: Symbol compartment not visible for some elements [message #1753372 is a reply to message #1693189] Sun, 05 February 2017 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roland Petrasch is currently offline Roland PetraschFriend
Hi,
I saw no answers here and since I also have serious problems with this topic, let me refer to this post: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1084078/.
To be honest: I work with Papyrus (Profiles) and I got Exceptions almost every minute (!) as you can see in my screenshots. I have serious problems with all versions of Papyrus, e.g. can't update Papyrus 2.0.0 in neon.2, can't use my models in Papyrus standalone, can't use SysML in Papyrus 3.0.0 and neon.3. Diagrams are destroyed (see pic), profiles are not loaded and tons of exceptions ... I really have no idea how I can continue with his tool. The community is not really active as you can see with this post: 9 month after you posted your question, and there is still no answer. I think the developers tried their very best and I tried to help sending all my exceptions, but at the end of the day, I can't use Papyrus as it is today.

[Updated on: Sun, 05 February 2017 14:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Symbol compartment not visible for some elements [message #1753497 is a reply to message #1753372] Tue, 07 February 2017 09:19 Go to previous message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
Hi,

I cannot reproduce the original issue, i.e. I can well see shapes on components in component diagrams and interfaces in class diagrams (with Papyrus 2.0 on Eclipse neon). At the time, the message was posted, shape support was still quite new and the problem occurred with a development version. While I agree that someone from the team should have responded earlier, it is not true that the community is inactive.

Roland: the issues that you raise are not related to the original question and should be treated in a separate thread for each problem. Without additional information (details about Eclipse and installed features, actions to trigger the problem, problematic models, ...) it's not possible to reproduce them.
Previous Topic:Papyrus in RCP
Next Topic:SVG display
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:23:09 GMT 2024