Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » SWTBot » Using SWTBot with an existing RCP application
Using SWTBot with an existing RCP application [message #1692833] Mon, 20 April 2015 06:22 Go to next message
Romain Vianef is currently offline Romain VianefFriend
Hello to everyone,

I test some tools to automate my RCP application as part of my internship. Now the tool is SWTBot.
I did read and test a lot of tuto on different websites but I fail to launch my application; in other words, launch my application instead of a new Eclipse window.
What procedure do I have to make ?

I use Eclipse Juno 4.2.
The version of the RCP application is : Eclipse RCP 3.6.2.r362_v20101104-9SAxFMKFkSAqi8axkv1ZjegmiBLY_win. If you want other specification, ask me.

Thank you for your time.
Have a good day.

Re: Using SWTBot with an existing RCP application [message #1692987 is a reply to message #1692833] Tue, 21 April 2015 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Further information.

The RCP application I want to automate is Argoline. It is not me who have design. I don't have the source code; I just have a folder with an exe file, some plugins and config files .
My problem is to find my application (or plugin) in "Run a product/Run an application" list (in Run Configurations window). Like this, I could run my application.

Thank you all for your time.
Have a good day.
Re: Using SWTBot with an existing RCP application [message #1693206 is a reply to message #1692987] Wed, 22 April 2015 11:56 Go to previous message
Hello to everyone,

Finally, I managed to launch my RCP application with a jar file in "Run a product".
However, I can't use the GUI. There are the tabs but I can't use the features (when I click, nothing happens). And when the GUI appears, I got some errors.
I know nullPointerException error means there is a null object but I don't understand why. This part happens before being in my code.
I think that there is a missing plugin but I already added the plugins required to launch the RCP application.

Do you have any idea to solve this ?

Thanks you all for your time.
Have a good day.

Previous Topic:problems with viewByTitle in Mars
Next Topic:Unable to access context menus in sub classes of an Xviewer tree
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:47:44 GMT 2024