Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Default plugin loading strategy
Default plugin loading strategy [message #1692098] Mon, 13 April 2015 12:28 Go to next message
Christian Pontesegger is currently offline Christian PonteseggerFriend
Hi,

I would like to know which strategy equinox uses when a plugin needs to be loaded.

In my use case I have 2 versions of a plugin available in my installation. Due to different project setups I may not state explicit version numbers in some of my plugin dependencies.

If 2 versions of a plugin are available. and no version dependencies are defined anywhere in the product or other plug ins, which verision will be picked by equinox? The newer one? A random one?

thanks
Re: Default plugin loading strategy [message #1692108 is a reply to message #1692098] Mon, 13 April 2015 13:37 Go to previous message
Thomas Watson is currently offline Thomas WatsonFriend
The resolver sorts capabilities by version and attempts to use the highest versions first. But there could be reasons the newer version cannot be used due to 'uses' directives on exported packages which force consuming bundles to use an older version of a bundle in order to maintain a consistent class space.

Also note that if a higher version is installed later, but the old version is still resolved the framework will not aggressively re-resolve bundles wired to the older version. They will remain wired to the older version until a refresh operation is done that would force the bundles to re-resolve.
Previous Topic:Problems after moving to org.eclipse.osgi_3.10.1.v20140909-1633.jar
Next Topic:Eclipse start with agentlib jdwp detect if choosen port is already in use
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:44:51 GMT 2024