Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Target Management » Certain ssh connections not working in TM Terminal
icon5.gif  Certain ssh connections not working in TM Terminal [message #1691776] Thu, 09 April 2015 15:13 Go to next message
Mirko Raner is currently offline Mirko RanerFriend
Hi all,

I routinely need to ssh into various remote systems, but for certain systems the Terminal just sits there "Connecting...". I can connect to those systems without any problem using ssh -l <user> <host>.
I don't see any console messages or errors in the error log, so I'm not sure what's going wrong here. Are there any known limitiations with the TM Terminal that would prevent it from connecting to certain systems?
How can I further debug this to find out what is different about those systems that I cannot ssh via TM Terminal?

Thanks,

Mirko

Re: Certain ssh connections not working in TM Terminal [message #1691794 is a reply to message #1691776] Thu, 09 April 2015 16:40 Go to previous message
Martin Oberhuber is currently offline Martin OberhuberFriend
Hi Mirko,

please try
ssh -vvv yourProblematicHost
such that we can see what key exchange / negotiation happens with your server. Also, please let us know the version of Eclipse Platform you use (specifically the com.jcraft.jsch plugin) and what Java Runtime you use (since the Cryptography extensions come from the JRE).

Thanks
Martin
Previous Topic:RSE + profiling issue
Next Topic:Project Status and Plan ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 13:56:31 GMT 2024