Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Wrong comparison results for files having the same content but with different revision number
Wrong comparison results for files having the same content but with different revision number [message #1691740] Thu, 09 April 2015 11:59 Go to next message
Tcaciuc Mugurel is currently offline Tcaciuc MugurelFriend
Hello,

I noticed that I have wrong comparison results when I want to compare files having the same name, the same content but with a different revision number.

For example, I have a folder called Includes which contain the following files: Calculator.hpp, Common.hpp and Definitions.hpp:
A. Includes (Rev 33) --> Calculator.hpp (Rev 23)
--> Common.hpp (Rev 31)
--> Definitions.hpp (Rev 33)

B. Includes (Rev 35) --> Calculator.hpp (Rev 23)
--> Common.hpp (Rev 31)
--> Definitions.hpp (Rev 35)

The content of these files is the same, only the Revision number is different. When I make a comparison between A (located in trunk) and B (from branches), the result of the comparison is:
C. Includes (Rev 35) --> Definitions.hpp (Rev 35)
, when I was expecting to have no differences.

Is there any method to have the result of this comparison independent on the Revision number?

Thank you,
Mugurel
Re: Wrong comparison results for files having the same content but with different revision number [message #1693915 is a reply to message #1691740] Wed, 29 April 2015 09:33 Go to previous message
Alexander Gurov is currently offline Alexander GurovFriend
Hello,

Looks like I do not quite understand the case. Is there any chance that there was a change in files properties between those revisions? Or is it that comparison shows an actual difference between the files content?
Previous Topic:SVN options missing in team menu
Next Topic:Problems when connecting to https repositories
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:28:27 GMT 2024