Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » is it possible to use environment-variables in launcher-ini?
is it possible to use environment-variables in launcher-ini? [message #1690134] Wed, 25 March 2015 12:53 Go to next message
Al Bundy is currently offline Al BundyFriend
Instead of
-data
@user.home/myapp
-configuration
@user.home/myapp/configuration

I'd like to use something like this on windows-machines
-data
%APPDATA%/myapp
-configuration
%APPDATA%/myapp/configuration

I known that I could create shortcuts but:
1. I don't want to create a shortcut for each user
2. this does not work with webstart Smile

Does anybody have an idea how to use environment variables in the launcher-ini?

Thanks

Al
Re: is it possible to use environment-variables in launcher-ini? [message #1690151 is a reply to message #1690134] Wed, 25 March 2015 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
If this is for an app you're creating, you should consider using per-platform p2 touchpoints to configure the osgi.instance.area and osgi.configuration.area. You can see an example in the Arduino Designer.

Brian.
Re: is it possible to use environment-variables in launcher-ini? [message #1690226 is a reply to message #1690151] Wed, 25 March 2015 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We're building oir application for different platforms and deploy them together with our application server on customer systems.

Therefore I need a solution that works on customer side.
Best option would be to use environment variables to configure the directories.
Re: is it possible to use environment-variables in launcher-ini? [message #1690368 is a reply to message #1690226] Thu, 26 March 2015 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've tried to configire the mentioned properties in config.ini - this works for local clients but unfortunately not with webstart. Sad
Re: is it possible to use environment-variables in launcher-ini? [message #1690477 is a reply to message #1690368] Fri, 27 March 2015 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
I noticed a thread elsewhere in the forum that JNLP requires all properties to be prefixed with "jnlp."; that thread shows an approach for wrapping the Equinox Launcher's main() to populate the properties etc.

Brian.
Re: is it possible to use environment-variables in launcher-ini? [message #1690523 is a reply to message #1690477] Fri, 27 March 2015 23:38 Go to previous message
We already have a wrapper for the same case.
But I want a solution the works with the default and webstart launcher.

I had a look at the org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_*.jar - this file contains all launcher classes - I think this is a perfect point to patch all launchers. Smile
Do you have any idea where I can checkout the sources of this jar?
Previous Topic:Build Tool for RCP
Next Topic:Is it possible to create a wrapper around org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:01:32 GMT 2024