Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Eclipse Tomcat 7.x instance/plugin classpath overriding using shared.loader(Maven multi module classpath issues with Eclipse Luna SR2 - latest Tomcat 7.x instance/plugin )
Eclipse Tomcat 7.x instance/plugin classpath overriding using shared.loader [message #1665406] Wed, 11 March 2015 08:02
krishna Mising name is currently offline krishna Mising nameFriend
In a maven multi module project, some of my dependency project resources in src/main/resources are also packaged as jars in Tomcat wtpwebapps/project/WEB-INF/lib instead of keeping them as resources by referring to the project itself like the standard maven multi module would typically treat it as in Eclipse. How do I force Tomcat to treat these dependency projects not as jars?

Another option is keeping configuration folders both in Maven project src/main/resources classpath (dev) and outside per environment so that I can pick and add to classpath just like we do in actual deployments using shared.loader so they take the precedence.
But for some reason, even shared.loader does not work. Meaning, it does not override the src/main/resources classpath configuration files like it does in standalone tomcat deployment.

shared.loader=C:/Work/java-workspace/configuration-files/dev-env/data,C:/Work/java-workspace/configuration-files/dev-env/domain

1. How do I make sure resources are refreshed correctly in tomcat workspace again? Is rebuilding project to update dependencies as jars in WEB-INF/lib and cleaning tomcat work directory the only option?
2. How can I make tomcat print what resources are in its webapps directory? Not all directories are in in webapps folder sometimes.
3. How do I at least make tomcat print the entire classpath that it is finalizing in the logs, just like it typically do??

What is the purpose of bootstrap/user entries then?

[Updated on: Tue, 24 March 2015 04:40]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Deployment Assembly and ordering
Next Topic:Some tags and properties are marked 'unknown' and 'undefined'
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:38:40 GMT 2024